Blood II The Chosen - Bloat ReMix

Robotaki

Hey everyone!

I've posted this a couple times on the ocrwip channel but I figure it'd get more in depth feedback here. Here's a little something on a very minimal source (named Bloat of course) from Blood II - The Chosen. There's three different versions of the track in the game, one while you are navigating the level, one while you encounter an enemy, and the last when you fight the boss. Great game and really horrific for its time. I'm looking for the .wav for "I live...again," but I haven't had any luck. Instead I just took some sound on my comp and put it in to give a rough idea of what I plan to do with the .wav in the event that I do find it. Hope you like it!

LINK:

Blood II The Chosen - Bloat ReMix

ARRANGEMENT / INTERPRETATION

Can't comment, not familiar with OST

STRUCTURE

[X] Abrupt ending - Assuming this is because it's WIP

PERSONAL COMMENTS

Nice mix here:

-Good intro pads, made me want to hear some dnb beats coming in, but that's ok :)

-Good lead in on the beats. Only thing I'm not feeling here is that synth or pad in the background on the descending notes: it gets a little repetative doing the same movement over and over (I did notice a switch when the full beat came in)

-Really nice feel when the beats kick in.

-Sounds like most of your movement here is strictly from the drums from :20 - :57. Maybe consider some more elements to compliment if possibly without losing the chill vibe. Not a deal-breaker I don't think, but this section is beginning to drag on a bit.

-Also really liked when the bass moved up at 1:12, provided a nice unexpected movement.

-The existing pads in the background are still on the same notes until about 1:36. They could use some minor changeups.

-Don't know about this dropoff at 1:36; the track sounds like it just lost all of it's energy, then comes back with a really subdued section. This is followed by another drop. Personally, I'd stick with one drop, and this come in with that same section at 1:46, but a bit fuller. Listening again, I'd remove the first drop off and go straight to that bridge section, then let it drop off at the second drop you have.

-Can't really comment on that spliced sample, it's just my type of thing.

-The feel at 2:26 is a huge contrast from what we've heard before. Went from very chill, to more in your face. It's up to you, but personally I was really enjoying everything up until that sample comes in and the following section. To me, it just didn't jive well with the rest of the song.

Overall, great soundscape at the beginning. Loving the bass you used as well as pads. Glitchy beats work well here also.

I don't mind the long intro with mostly just drums on pads. This is one of those really cool pad tracks, methinks. The pads are pretty.

The voice clip doesn't feel like it quite fits in, and the move to industrial feels like it's being pulled into another song. The transition could be smoother, or there could be more fmailiar elements in it, stuff we'd recognize from earlier.

Overall, I find it enjoyable, especially the first 2 minutes. Not much else I could say about it.