*NO* Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 'Don't Use a Vocoder'

Liontamer

from CV Symphony of the Night "I am the Wind" -> "Don't use a Vocoder"

no further comment :-)

yours

ap

--------------------------------------------------------------

Cool, haven't heard from Alexander Prievert in quite a while. Man, I hate the original..."I AM THE CHEESE"...

Akumajo Dracula X ~Nocturne in the Moonlight~ Original Game Soundtrack - (34) "I AM THE WIND"

The vocoder is a cool gimmick/concept, but you just end up not being able to understand the lyrics here, which ended up being counterproductive. The instrumentation and textures were pretty flimsy and simplistic as well, and really could have used more depth

Not that I'm against a "fun" arrangement, but it can be fun while being well done. Regardless, it sounds like you had fun making it, and it's not supposed to be a hardcore/serious piece of work, so that's cool. Hope to hear from you again with something more cohesive!

NO

Gotta agree with Larry on the texture and depth. It feels really lacking in this piece, which is a shame, because there are a lot of cool ideas. There's an attempt here at a really broad kind of sound with the synths, but there's just not enough harmonic foundation in terms of pads/background synths to really create a large soundscape. Things get better around 3:00, but its too little too late. :(

The percussion is pretty simple in the beginning parts of the mix; perhaps too much so. The kick lacks...punch. ... :(

Yeah, this isn't bad by any means, but I feel like it doesn't achieve the broader sound it's hinting at. This could be really anthemic, but it's too simple. :\

NO, resub

The build-up really left me waiting for more, it sounds like you were going for a real club anthem. What came after left a lot to be desired though. The drums are really weak here, no punch and quiet mixing. The vocoded lyrics are very hard to make out, even though they were a nice gimmick like Larry pointed out. The synths all sound really thin. The piece lacks any hint at advanced harmony and sequencing, it's basically the same pattern and chords repeating.

I think you can guess where I'm going. :)

NO

(I had fun though)