Mega Man 9

lazygecko

So anyone gotten their Arrangement Album yet? Think I saw a few people on Neo GAF got it. Any impressions?

I'm not as blown away by it as I had thought from the previews. Some very nice arrangements, some strange interpretations on the robot masters levels, while others remain quite faithful to the tone of the original.

After hearing Gecko Yamori's WIP of Tornado Man's music, I gotta say the arranged version kind of felt like a let down.

Splash Woman's music is an adventurous and pretty decent mix and Hornet Man's music is strangely addictive. I think "We are the Robots", one of the Wily castles musics is probably my favourite arrangement.

On a side note, any tips to beating Fakeman more quickly? I thought I was being super clever when I reflected his bullets at him with Jewel satellite, but not only is this fiddly and not massively damaging, but when he runs at you like one of the dark Mega Man enemies, you have to sacrifice the ammo for that round, meaning the tactic is fairly shortlived.

Any major weakness?

On a side note, any tips to beating Fakeman more quickly? I thought I was being super clever when I reflected his bullets at him with Jewel satellite, but not only is this fiddly and not massively damaging, but when he runs at you like one of the dark Mega Man enemies, you have to sacrifice the ammo for that round, meaning the tactic is fairly shortlived.

Any major weakness?

Combine Jewel Satellite with the Magma Bazooka (uncharged). If you hit with all three shots, he'll take 3 damage, which is as good as you can hope for.