*NO* Grim Fandango 'Sim Fandango'

djpretzel

:o I like this.

Hmmmm... where to start? Okay, well, I like the way it intros. That worked really well. The sounds are fabulous. The guitar, the saxaphone (later on), the drums, the synths, everything sounds good. The arrangement, although a tad on the repetitive side (not enough for me to score it negatively), is cool. It turns what was originally a rather Latin-ish song into a groovy techno work. It ends a little bit abruptly, but I thought this worked out pretty good even still.

Anyway, enough good here for me to give it a

YES

Pros:

Movin beats (even though they are beatloops)

Great groove

Cons:

Very repetitive, Weak ending,

It sounds to me that this entire sound is carried by drumloops and rythmic modules.

Still, it sounds great and theres some cool improv and arrangement.

Edit: Changed to NO

after hearing some more. Its just too weak to use drumloops when so many others work so hard on their own percussion. Its like cheating. Resubmit with own beats PLEASE? :D

I... can't remember this music from the game...

and I LOVED this game. Oh man, so incredible. The music was so high quality too. I don't know if I can pass anything that isn't top notch as a remix from that game. I do appreciate the use of the guitar and sax samples which sound incredibly real, but there are a bunch of parts that are annoying as well, like the sections between :54 and 1:09 and then again between 2:22 and 2:38. Drum loops ARE utilized heavily, though I don't really feel that's enough to sink the mix. Maybe it's just my speakers but this seems very centered. Hmmm....

I'll come back to this.

TO BE CONTINUED

• 2 weeks later...