N/A

I tried to follow a structured idea with this remix.

-Introduce my theme 0:00-0:14

-Introduce the interpretation of the source 0:14-0:32

-Transition 0:32-0:43

-Repeat interpretation of the source 0:44-1:02

-Expand the theme 1:06-1:29

-Break 1:30-1:36

-Reintroduce interpreted source with altered melody 1:36-1:50

-Return to interpretation of source 1:51-2:04

-Transition 2:05-2:19

-Breakdown 2:20-2:34

-Return to altered expanded theme 2:35-2:57

-Ending/Fade 2:58-3:10

That was ultimately as non-repetitive as I could get it, without having a shorter song.

I honestly would have cut the song after 1:36...but I know that OC Remix is big on having two minutes minimum.

Oh and glad that you enjoy my other work. Hopefully I can get other lyricsts to record over those. Until then I just settle for laying over acapellas. You can hear the same beats without vocals, on my Youtube (the same youtube that is hosting the video in this thread). An interesting and obscure note though. For my remix of the song, Classic, I actually sampled violins from the song "Shen-Fa" on the Shenmue Soundtrack.

On the note of the lead synth and the transition synth, I chose them for good reasons.

1) They have a very similar quality to the synths heard in various older Capcom games. Specifically those featuring Mega Man. By using these synths, I tried to capture some of the nostalgia of other Capcom games, indirectly.

2) I wanted to give Ibuki a very modern feel. She is one of the more traditional Street Fighter characters and she is even a traditional ninja (unlike Guy, the Bushin Street Ninja). Despite her traditional role, Ibuki's story conveys the idea that she is a reluctant ninja. She prefers to just be a regular teenage girl, as opposed to being a ninja in a clan. The instruments I chose were selected to help invoke this image of a modern school girl, but at the same time, to remind you that she is still a warrior.

It is my hope that people can hear these ideas when they listen to my remix.

I love the mix. You are using some great samples. The only one I kinda dislike is the guitar sample you used with the squeaks and stuff. The lead synth that comes in at 0:15 also gets kind annoying after time. Maybe you should try not to use it as much or replace it with something a little more subtle.

I can't help but feel that theres something missing from this mix though. I can't really explain it. I just would like to hear more melodies and variations on the drum work.

Love that "Classic Remix." Also, is there somewhere I can downloads your songs. I like them, but I would rather not open a MySpace account just to download them.

Like what you have going here, nice to see a rather unpopular SF III Character getting some love. I'm not really sure what could improve it, it does sound a little underpolished at the moment which may just be a result of the youtube compression.

Would love a link to an mp3 if this keeps developing.

At this point in time, the only mp3 links I have are on my myspace. If you want to pick get some other remixes i've done that are not video game related, just check out my myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/thenativedialect

At this point, i'm getting two distinct sentiments from this thread.

1)People generally like the vibe of the actual mix and the like the fact that I approached both a mostly untouched game and an even more untouched character.

2)Most people don't like the Mega Man-esque synth that I chose as the lead.

With that in mind, does anyone have any potential suggestions for a different instrument? I use Reason 3.0. So if you have any ideas, please feel free to share. I haven't acquired any ReFill discs for Reason, so I only have the basic instrument set that comes with the program. But again, any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

I enjoy Youtube because of its larger community function. You are able to get more casual viewers/listeners because of the structure of the site. I could just as easily have used iMeem or Sound Click, but those tend to only garner traffic that is specifically directed there. Besides, I host some of the same songs that are found on my Youtube, on my Myspace account.

• 2 weeks later...