Guitar Hero IV: World Tour

Overflow

What's the problem with the hammer ons? GHIII was the first one I played, and I got used to the hammer ons in it, now you're telling me they were off? I thought the hammer ons in Rock band were weird, not the other way around.

Compared to every other Guitar Hero game and Rock Band, GH3's hammer-ons were veeeeery forgiving. They gave you a very wide margin of error in your timing. Guitar Hero 2 and Rock Band are more strict, requiring you to be a little more precise. Guitar Hero 1 hammer ons were almost impossible.

Personally, I kind of enjoyed the forgiving nature of the GH3 system, just for the way it made seemingly impossible songs pass-able. Through the Fire and the Flames would be three times harder on the other games.

What's the problem with the hammer ons? GHIII was the first one I played, and I got used to the hammer ons in it, now you're telling me they were off? I thought the hammer ons in Rock band were weird, not the other way around.

Well, if you're playing GH3 mostly then you you might not have the experience to know how much of a better sense of rhythm is required to pull off a hammer on in the second game and Rock Band and why that provides more of a challenge. GH3 is still challenging, I guess, but like Bleck said it's more of an artificial difficulty. It really makes a huge difference when you get to the level of playing Expert.

The timing window between hitting each hammer on is ridiculously huge. It's impossible for me to miss hammer ons because I can literally be completely off rhythm with them and still manage to hit them. In fact, sometimes my finger can slip and I'll have to readjust my hand and I'll still sneak up on a hammer on before the window closes and I'll be like, "Uhh, that note was like an entire second past and I still hit it? Whatever." That and the artificial difficulty (which when you get used to their "tricks" really isn't difficult at all) made it a huge disappointment to a guy who's been playing GH for a longass time.

Up until the last tier, not a single song in GH3 is even a challenge for me because of that and not a single bonus track except for TTFAF is a challenge either really.

It's not as if GH3 is a bad game, but possibly the worst of the bunch IMO.