Battletoads & Double Dragon 'Wanted Gangsta'

Salluz

So, for this remix, I need to make more of a metamorphosis; there are several changes, but the bass kick needs to fall out more, and there has to be a smooth-yet-drastic change like in the original (the break).

Any more suggestions?

I guess vgmix doesn't allow direct linking to download links. Use this link instead.

As I hear it, it's waaaay into the liberal side, I'm having a hard time connecting stuff to source. It's also simplsitic, tho that could be a genre thing. Pads, countermelodies, additional rhythmic instruments would spice this up a lot, and depending how you mix it, it might not change the genre.

The stuff you have is a little on the weak side of decent. The rhythm is insteresting, but hard to follow because there's so little to follow, just kick, clap, and some ticking thing. The source has a great sense of rhythm, see if you can be inspired by that.

Pad sounds fine, but it could use a little more elaborate writing. More notes, broader range. Leads meander around and are a little too simple sounding to work, imo. Use an envelope on the cutoff (be subtle, tho), and don't have it pan forth and back, it's annoying. Melodies are repetitive. A little variation would be good. Bass could be way deeper and harder.

Some of this could just be a genre thing that I don't get, but at least you've got some feedback to work with now. This could be interesting.