*ROFL* Xenosaga 'Ritual at the Temple of Ormus'

Liontamer

Hello, this here is a submission for the game XENOSAGA, in actuality the track has been around in some form since part 1, but did not get the spotlight until part 3, it is a simple yet convincing "gregorian chanting" melody given to the followers of the Ormus cult in the game, the original track is simply titled "Ormus" during the game, we get to discover how twisted their beliefs and then they are put out as a group that believed in a lot of falsehoods and evil... here is where I come come in, and irreverently mix deeply religious overtones with the taboos of sex, it is, a bit over the top I admit, I attempted to keep the same atmosphere of the original, infused it with pure evil, as it is my trademark, this will definitely be controversial, as it mirrors two very distinct things and then assaults you with complete instinct of sexuality amidst the immaculate voices of purity, it does contain a few things that are maybe offensive but it is in my opinion a homage to a part of xenosaga that was controversial to begin with, just what was the relationship between a pubescent pellegri and priest chancellor margulis? and just what was it that made her become enemies with Jin Uzuki? I had no idea what I would name it, so I put 2 different names to itI like the word ritual however

Enjoy,

Evilnos

The ultimate evil

PS, I have a soundclick and an acidplanet profile if you watn to check more out

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=304106&T=3500

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=113877

--------------------------------------------------------------

I always loved this source tune, performed by Metro Voices. Let's see how you messed it up:

Xenosaga Original Soundtrack - (201) "Ormus"

Yeah, so this has jack shit to do with "Ormus" and has a bunch of chanting with pr0n moaning thrown in.

Hahahaha! I love how the sub letter tries to pass this off as some sort of deep statement. That's gotta be bullshit, because no one can possibly be that deluded. This is so fucking awful. Literally. :lol:

ROOOOOOOFL

To me, this piece didn't convey a sense of evil as much as a depiction of the hypocrisy of human nature. The chanting is the projected piety of all people, the facade we present to the world of normalcy, chastity, restraint. However, from the very beginning, there are cracks, the ever-present drone giving a feeling of uncertainty while the percussion hits to something tapping under the surface, trying to be let out. The moaning begins softly at first at 0:39, but is quickly drowned out by a burst of chanting at 0:49. However, it can't be contained, growing louder until it manages to come to the forefront with its invitation: "turn off the lights, take a deep breath, relax." For it is the inner voice of our soul, the wild side, our innate corruption trying to breach the surface. Finally, the conflict comes to a head at 2:41 with a steady pulse in the percussion and the ego voices becoming excited and violent, yearning to be free.

And who is the winner of this inner turmoil? The chanting has mostly been relegated to the background by 3:30, leaving the triumphant cries of "FUCK" to resonate with the drone and primitive beat. We cannot lie forever; some day, our true nature will emerge from the constructs we present to the world, and the result will be a complete ruination of society, for all that is left at the end is a toneless roar with no order: the natural state is anarchy.

If this wasn't a message enough in itself, there is a further, wonderful meaning in the fact that the chanting is itself religious in nature. Thus, the juxtaposition of the chorals with the sexual moaning seems paradoxical; how are we to reconcile the joining of such polar opposites? But the trick is not to view them merely as discrete elements, but as parts of a greater whole. The universe itself is comprised of many opposites: fire and water, light and dark. The combination of religion and sex in the piece is merely a link in the chain of the Taoistic view of reality, where the ten thousand things are all ultimately just manifestations of Tao itself.

For the production of the piece, what more can I say other than "flawless"? The recordings of both sets of vocals is perfect in quality and performance. The rich chanting is set in a deep counterpoint with the sexual cries of ecstasy, eminently believable in their performance. Of course, the parts are not completely distinct, but instead bleed just slightly into each other, emphasizing again their transcendental sameness while still being clear enough that both can be enjoyed for what they are.

It would be a privilege and an honor to house such a profound piece of artwork on this site.

YES