Marriage Survey

Salluz

I am doing a project in class, and I am collecting information and surveying people about their marriages. You don't have to give me extreme details, but please answer the following (to your degree of comfort):

1. How did you first meet your spouse?
  2. What were your ambitions when you were getting to know them?
  3. Did you plan to get married?
  4. Do you have common interests?
  5. What are your differences?
  6. what keeps the two of you together?
  7. When you were getting married, were you nervous?
  8. What did you sacrifice before getting married?
  9. Do you prefer your marriage life over your single life?
  10. How much have you changed?
  11. How often do you have your "quality time"?
  12. Would you ever consider divorcing, or is that a stupid question?
  13. Extra comments/question/etc.

So, just answer whatever you want, however you want, to whatever degree you want, even if it's TMI. Have fun!

And away we go! My answers in bold.

1. How did you first meet your spouse? Church at college
  2. What were your ambitions when you were getting to know them? Just wanted a rebound date after a bad breakup a month or so earlier
  3. Did you plan to get married? Not right away. We met in October -- by Christmas I knew she was the one. Full story on IRC the next time I ramble! :P
  4. Do you have common interests? We are both musicians!
  5. What are your differences? She didn't even know who the TMNT were before we met, and never played videogames.
  6. what keeps the two of you together? The fact that we make each other giggle a lot. Also, we are very supportive of the other person's goals.
  7. When you were getting married, were you nervous? Not really -- the actual day went by in a complete blur. I was more excited about the marriage and less excited about the wedding, if that makes sense.
  8. What did you sacrifice before getting married? Life with 50 fraternity brothers chiefly. Also, my bar / social life is pretty killed, because my wife doesn't go out much.
  9. Do you prefer your marriage life over your single life? Of course! Wouldn't have gotten married otherwise.
  10. How much have you changed? The two of us note the small changes we've caused in the other person all the time. Most recently: I'm learning to cook, and she gets game music stuck in her head (and likes it!)
  11. How often do you have your "quality time"? Don't know how to read this question. We hang out with each other for an hour or three every night (after she gets home from work), and probably go out for some event 2x a week. As far as bedroom stuff goes, I'll say I'm satisfied and leave it at that. :P
  12. Would you ever consider divorcing, or is that a stupid question? I haven't even been married a month yet, so...it's dumb.
  13. Extra comments/question/etc. Living with someone 24/7 is definitely different, and there have been weird adjustments (like which drawer to put silverware in, etc.) Also, I very rarely compromise on spending time with my wife when she's around -- skippied out on the second half of Jill's partyline last night for that exact reason.

So, just answer whatever you want, however you want, to whatever degree you want, even if it's TMI. Have fun!

Answers given below.

1. How did you first meet your spouse? In church.
  2. What were your ambitions when you were getting to know them? Not a whole lot to speak of, really.
  3. Did you plan to get married? Not exactly. Our mothers conspired to get us together, and they wanted us to be engaged for a awhile, but we were getting kinda frisky with each other so they had to plan the wedding pretty soon, before my wife would be unable to wear that pretty white dress >.>
  4. Do you have common interests? Gaming! That, and OCD. That keeps us together like sticky glue. Actually, we're just uncontrollably attracted to each other, nothin' else to it.
  5. What are your differences? I'm more laid-back and relaxed, while CT is a little more tightly wound. I have a hot temper that can go off, even though it takes a while 'cause I hold it in. CT is more analytical (sp?), which can lead to debates and arguments involving church.
  6. what keeps the two of you together? Patience, understanding and love.
  7. When you were getting married, were you nervous? I was more excited than nervous, really.
  8. What did you sacrifice before getting married? I had to give up my personal friendships with all of my female friends. Many of them were friends from the internet. Friends over the internet can be closer and a little more personal at times, so giving them up and saying goodbye to them was painful and hard to do.
  9. Do you prefer your marriage life over your single life? Yes. The partnership that exists between us is incredible, and I wouldn't trade it for a lifetime of being single if I were given everything else there is to have.
  10. How much have you changed? I've become much more responsible (wish my cleaning skills were that good) and I've learned so much more about myself through this relationship.
  11. How often do you have your "quality time"? Anytime I'm home. CT doesn't have a job yet, so from the time I get home to the time I get to work in the morning, we're together. And no, I really don't mind.
  12. Would you ever consider divorcing, or is that a stupid question? The most important response to that is marriage means forever. Don't get married if you have a doubt, and we have no doubts. But yeah, stupid question. :)

1. How did you first meet your spouse? through the magic of the intertubes, actually. she and I were both active in the sinfest webcomic community.
  2. What were your ambitions when you were getting to know them? I've never really been ambitious about much of anything, so I can't really say I had any real ambitions at the time. I was going to college because my family felt I should.
  3. Did you plan to get married? we had planned to get engaged, but then one day she asked 'do you just want to go ahead and get married?', and I couldn't think of any real reason not to, so we did.
  4. Do you have common interests? she and I are both music geeks, avid gamers, and we both relish our immaturity (she collects dolls and action figures and the like, I collect legos and the like)
  5. What are your differences? we like radically different styles of music, different styles of food, lots of things she and I don't agree on.
  6. what keeps the two of you together? we have our common interests to talk about, and our differences to snark at each other about. communication and a healthy sense of humor are what work for us
  7. When you were getting married, were you nervous? I actually can't remember a single thing I said during the ceremony... so yes, very.
  8. What did you sacrifice before getting married? was I supposed to get rid of something I liked before I started all this?
  9. Do you prefer your marriage life over your single life? sometimes I miss the single life, but never for very long, really. I love my wife, and I wouldn't go back to being single if I had any say in the matter.
  10. How much have you changed? since getting married involved moving out of my parent's house (and, indeed, out of my home state), and supporting myself, I'd say I've changed a lot. more responsible, a bit older, a bit wiser, and still an embarrassment to my family.
  11. How often do you have your "quality time"? not as often as I'd like, but I can live with that.
  12. Would you ever consider divorcing, or is that a stupid question? I cannot think of a reason to, honestly.

I am doing a project in class, and I am collecting information and surveying people about their marriages. You don't have to give me extreme details, but please answer the following (to your degree of comfort):

1. How did you first meet your spouse? She was dating my best friend
  2. What were your ambitions when you were getting to know them? To steal, and marry her (she's a bad ass chicka.
  3. Did you plan to get married? See above
  4. Do you have common interests?Yep
  5. What are your differences? She's a neat freak, Im not. She cooks amazing american and french stuff, Im a little more asian.
  6. what keeps the two of you together? we luffs each other, and the fact we always have fun together.
  7. When you were getting married, were you nervous? nope
  8. What did you sacrifice before getting married? I stopped raiding in wow.
  9. Do you prefer your marriage life over your single life? yep
  10. How much have you changed? Not much, my wife cooks too well though, she made me fat.
  11. How often do you have your "quality time"? before we had our son, daily. Now that he's more and more aware and energetic, its getting hard to squeeze it in more then a few times a week.
  12. Would you ever consider divorcing, or is that a stupid question? Nope.

10 char.....

1. How did you first meet your spouse?
  2. What were your ambitions when you were getting to know them?
  3. Did you plan to get married?
  4. Do you have common interests?
  5. What are your differences?
  6. what keeps the two of you together?
  7. When you were getting married, were you nervous?
  8. What did you sacrifice before getting married?
  9. Do you prefer your marriage life over your single life?
  10. How much have you changed?
  11. How often do you have your "quality time"?
  12. Would you ever consider divorcing, or is that a stupid question?

1. My spouse first saw me in October 2005, at an event at our college. It was not until February 2006 though that we first spoke, April 2006 that we exchanged phone numbers and May 2006 that we went on our first date.

2. When I first met her, I wanted to date her. I didn't want to be friends or anything other than her boyfriend.

3. We'd pretty much decided we were going to get married after our second month together.

4. Yeah, we have alot of common interests. Any relationship, whether it's friendly or romantic, needs common interests.

5. Too numerous to go into, but the big one is that she's nice to people and I'm not.

6. Our love for each other and our love for our son.

7. Yes, but it really wasn't that bad. We already lived together, and she was already pregnant, so everything was already pretty much set before we said "I do".

8. Pretty much nothing. Maybe the "opportunity" (if you can call it such) to have sex with alot of different women, although I was never interested in that.

9. Yes.

10. I don't know really, you'd have to ask my wife.

11. Every night, after our son goes to sleep.

12. If given a sufficiently compelling reason, then yes.

13. Marriage is a wonderful experience, but nothing to rush into. Once you find someone worthy of it, it's the second-best thing in the world (parenthood is first).

Aw, thanks, guys, you saved my report card! I'm getting an A+ instead of a B+. Edit: I just take stats; I don't tell who said what.

thats probly good, taking a poll that involves, jam stunna, Kupernikus, the coop, and other internet names would probly have taken away from your grade. lol.