Xp Sp3

I got a message in my lower right hand corner wanting me to upgrade to Windows XP SP3. I am on SP2 right now. Is SP3 an improvement or what? Because as of now, I am happy with SP2. On the other hand, if SP3 is more efficient and not a bloated upgrade, then I would switch.

FL, Reaper, etc still work with SP3?

I read on KVR that GVI Piano (that free sampled piano) doesn't work with sp3.

I don't think I will install SP3 because I have had no problems with SP2.

I would like to hear you thoughts - thanks.

I got a message in my lower right hand corner wanting me to upgrade to Windows XP SP3. I am on SP2 right now. Is SP3 an improvement or what? Because as of now, I am happy with SP2. On the other hand, if SP3 is more efficient and not a bloated upgrade, then I would switch.

FL, Reaper, etc still work with SP3?

I read on KVR that GVI Piano (that free sampled piano) doesn't work with sp3.

I don't think I will install SP3 because I have had no problems with SP2.

I would like to hear you thoughts - thanks.

Note: You can uninstall SP3, however, you can't downgrade from IE7 to IE6 after SP3 has touched the system, if that is an issue.

Windows® XP Service Pack 3 (SP3):

1) includes all previously released updates for the operating system.

* If you reinstall an SP2 version of XP, you would install SP3 instead of waiting for about 100 patches to download.

2) also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers’ experience with the operating system.

* You can download these separately if you want. For example, if you want to be able to connect to WPA2 encrypted wireless networks, you can download an update that will add this functionality.

See the white paper for details about new functionality.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=68c48dad-bc34-40be-8d85-6bb4f56f5110&displaylang=en

In general, just make sure you always have a boot disk handy and/or know how to use the recovery console from the installation media. See my earlier post for links.

I'm currently a bit suspicious of SP3, because it may trigger the problem I experienced. Except for that problem, which occured after Windows Update had installed other updates much later [in the first case] and wanted a restart, I'm still running SP3 on this system. (I was in contact with Microsoft support about this later, but they insisted there could be a lot of other factors that may have caused the problem, like corrupted files that coincided etc.)