Mega Man 3 'Sparkman'

Gario

Hey, OCR world!

Just want some feedback on this other than my own. I made this a few months ago, and I wanted to come back to it and give it a fresh look... Now that I have, I found the drums to be a bit repetitive and mixed a little too loud. I also find the synth that carries the tune perhaps is used a bit too much. Other than that, if anyone could give me some feedback, it would be appreciated.

By the way, if the samples are not great... well, if could you direct me to a site or two that I could get better samples, I would appreciate it (I'm using what came with the program right now >P)

http://www.savefile.com/files/1573124

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took a while to comment, you fell off the first page. It's the flip side of the current wip board speed.

I'm surprised your samples are this bad. Dunno where you could get samples, but I'm sure there's something in the guides or somewhere. And then there's google.

MM3? Sure.

A bit repetitive, you could probably squeeze it together to half its length and only lose repettition. Please do, then see where you can add stuff.

I like the rhythm you used. Some of it feels like a midi rip, so get you own stuff in there. You're also pushing the ceiling with that one pad sweep.

You should deviate from source more, see what chord progressions work with a remodeled version of the melody, see what chord progressions work with the bassline. See what arrangements work. Just... deviate more than this ...from the source you used.

It's also a bit cluttered, so see how you could fix that. Blurring together the bass line with reverb as well as filtering out the high stuff could be one way, another would be to write another bassline for the busier sections. Closing the cutoff on the existing bassline might also work. The rapid tempo certainly contributes to the clutter, but also to the rhythm. See if you can smoothen the rapid piano sections by varying vcelocity, that could clean up some of it.

Quick comments, but comments regardless.