Homeworld 'Ancient Enemies' (submit?)

Nutritious

I just finished up this song in response to a post in the request forum. I didn't have any intention of subbing it to ocr, since it was created for the Homeworld community, but it actually turned out pretty well. I just thought I'd share it here to get some opinions on whether or not it's worth an OCR sub.

Anyway remix:

http://nutritiousmultimedia.googlepages.com/Nutritious-Homeworld_Ancient_Enemies.mp3

Original:

http://nutritious4.googlepages.com/homeworld-16.mp3

Well, I like it, and since it's finished and all, I think you might as well give it a sub and see what the judges think of it! If it gets through, awesome! If not, you'll know where it needs improvement. I see it as a win/win, and either way, this song is permanently in my library now (if you don't mind :razz:). In the end it's your call though.

It's been a while since I last played Homeworld, but I gotta say I like this remix.

I can almost see the Hiigaran fleet soaring through space to engage enemy forces and then returning to their home base (on board the various carriers and the Mothership) after a successful mission.

I'd love to see a Homeworld mix so I'll chime in:

It's subbable in terms of quality, meaning it would make it to the panel, but at 9 minutes long, I'm thinking our 6MB limit might reduce the quality quite a bit. I also feel like the intro dwells a bit (3 min. before the beats), so that's where I'd be looking to cut some time. Last but not least, the orchestral and ambient elements are pretty strong, but the beats aren't up to the same level... I'd see about reading some of zircon's tutorials on the topic or talking to him directly on #ocrwip or #ocremix.

I think a postable mix can come out of this with enough work on revising the length and improving the beatwork, but even with both, I can't of course make any guarantees, just FYI.