Guitar learning advice/remix tabs?

So I was driving around today listening to some of the more rock oriented OCR and DoD tunes, and I decided that it's time I finally learn to do some of that crazy stuff myself.

To clarify, I'm not a complete guitar noob. I've been playing casually for many years, and I'm very comfortable with simple strumming and fingerpicking of all the basic chord shapes. It's just the second I try to do a solo, melody, or rhythm part that isn't just chords. It's not that I can't get my fingers to move in the right patterns... it's just that I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

The way I generally learn an instrument is to play a few songs I like over and over until I feel comfortable with them, then I move on to something else. So I looked at some guitar tab websites to try and pick out a few songs I liked, but the problem is that most of the stuff is really inaccurate... Anyone have some OCR or other remix tabs that I could practice with?

I guess I just really don't know where to start. Are there some scales I should be learning or something?

The way I generally learn an instrument is to play a few songs I like over and over until I feel comfortable with them, then I move on to something else. So I looked at some guitar tab websites to try and pick out a few songs I liked, but the problem is that most of the stuff is really inaccurate.

This is how I learned to play. You just have to pick challenging songs and eventually you'll catch up to them.

Powertab used to be an amazing resource, but the site got shutdown for copyright reasons. If you go to ultimate-guitar they have most of the old powertabs there.

Thread with ocr music: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3480

Not many tabs there though.