Shining Force 'Kingdom by the Sea' (revision 7)

suzumebachi

http://hosting.thasauce.net/suzumebachi/shiningforce_7.mp3

I was bored. Believe it or not, softsynths are used sparingly here because my computer just can't handle lots of VSTis anymore for some reason. Methinks my processor is slowly dying.

Anyway, it's an arrangement of the ship battle music from Shining Force in typical Suzumebachi progressive-orchestral-techno-metal-kwak style. I plan on actually finishing this one, mostly because I can't actually work on any other projects without locking up my computer. AWESOME, NO?

Questions, feedback, comments, and love letters welcome as always.

Enjoy.

Instant bonus points for showing love to the Shining Force series! Nice pick for source (my copy says it's "Field Map 5"). Quite a haunting melody, lots of possibilities. I like the fake guitars in the right channel. They seem to have the perfect sound for the track. They only bother me at 01:23 where the rhythm is awkward. The chords in the left channel aren't so great, but the non-chord stuff at 00:51-01-06 actually sounds rather good. There's a funny bit at 00:59 though.

More please.

--Eino

Gonna take on a lot of wips today, so I'm not gonna spend any time looking for the source. Eino can revisit this with more source analysis, someone else could, I'm not going to.

There's a bit of noise when the file starts. Probably alooping artifact. Don't cut off a song without a quiet tail, the tails are otherwise gonna end up in the beginning of the file.

It's a bit quiet, it feels a little off-center at times, you should probably split the rhythm guitar to cover both sides. Delaying one side a few hundred samples is one way to get a stereo effect without using panning.

The lofi synth used in the end of the intro and a few other places feels like it doesn't belong, you might want to upgrade that to something a bit more suited for the overall sound. You could also add another, very different lofi instrument to make the chip sound a more integral part of the track.

Overall, it's got a nice progression, cool sound... I have no doubt this'll be great when its done. It's already good.