*NO* Tetris 'Nintendo Forest Mix'

djpretzel

DJP....(or judges) I wrote you a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago. I think its that time again. Here goes. This would be my first remix here on your site.

Remixer name: Sound Junkie

Remixer email:

Remix name: Nintendo Forest Mix

You can find it here:

LINK REMOVED DUE TO HEAD TRAUMA

That's the URL of the SITE. The site does NOT allow direct linking. Its the ONLY song on there. Please DJP (or judges). Take the time to listen to this mix. I assure you you wont be dissapointed. Its actually been floating around the net for quite some time already. It'd be PEFECT on your site!!

Ok...I'll write you again when another 5 months have passed.

-Sound Junkie

Starts out smooth, albeit a bit boring. Stays kind of boring for quite awhile. Very very minimal on the percussion. The arrangement seems pretty nice. I like the fade-in's on stuff; they help make this thing seem even more smooth. Very light and easy on the ears. Sounds are quality.

YES but only marginally. I'd say add some more percussion next time to keep this thing more interesting, but as it is, I'd say it's good enough for the style it's in. Seems shorter than it really is, too.

• 2 weeks later...

i have some doubts about this mix, it's nice but it doesn't feel like a complete thought. after listening to the original, it's apparent very few liberties have been taken with the source material. sure, there's an improv solo which is very nice also, but it doesn't quite redeem the track. this is in the right direction but it needs to offer the listener more.

no

throughout the whole mix i kept thinking how nice it is. what's here is really nice. it is sonically pleasing. but also through the whole mix i kept getting ideas of where i thought the song was going, and it never really developed the way it could have. i couldnt really tell if this was intentionally minimalist or if it was just unfinished until i heard the cheap ending.

NO

its nice so far, but its not finished. Build. layer. add. whatever you have to do to make this song escalate and develop.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have a concussion and head trauma, so this is going to be short, but the gist of it is, this piece has so much potential, a good start, but no real development and exploration of the full theme. I will however give credit to the solo section which I thought was relatively well done given the source material, which is in a tricky time signature. But all in all I think this feels incomplete and I feel it could use some more development if not some entirely new sections. So, for now,

NO

D