Chrono Trigger 'Enhasa'

tushantin

Well, if you're planning on submitting this to OCR, then this would be your first problem. As it stands, the structure is pretty much identical to the original, which doesn't jive with OCR's standards for arrangement. Check out section 4 from the Submission Standards to get a better idea of what the site is about.

Now, if you're not planning on submitting, I can give a little feedback on production (since arrangement is basically identical to the original):

-The pad sound you have layered with the bells has way too slow of an attack to carry the part you've written for it. It sounds behind.

-Beats sound a bit weak and the writing on them is pretty simplistic. Not sure on the style you want, but the dance-y kick is just feels a bit weird for this style, and even more so on the clap. If you're going for a laid back type of feel that I think you are, I don't think this will carry it. It needs something more interesting. I mentioned the writing also, it's sounds like pretty simple patterns that are repeated over and over. Try varying up the beat and make it more complex to keep the listener interested.

-Some sounds are pretty good (bells for example), some are kind of "basic" sounding but not necessarily bad (pads, plucked instrument)

-Overall soundscape was pretty clear, no worries there

Overall, this is a heck of a lot better than my first arrangements, so don't be discouraged. Try interpreting the original and make the arrangement your own, while still keeping a connection with the OST.

Haven't heard remixes of this source before. /sarcasm

Way too close, and a lot of the sounds aren't processed AT ALL, it seems. The autopan on the rhythmic backing should be countered by something else, it feels like the balance is off half the time because it pans too far.

Nutri gave your some pretty good feedback, let's see if there's something he didn't mention...

Backing pads could be tweaked to be cleaner, or you should add some glass noise or other grit to other stuff.

The drums _could_ work, but you'd need to fatten up the clap significantly with reverbs and all kinds of effects. I suggest chorus+delay+reverb+compressor, that should get it better. Layering or replacing it with a more suited sample would probably be better. The bass drum could lose a number of notes, as it even plays on top of the clap. I do recommend changing them both for something more suitable.

Ending is bad. Is that really an ending? Sounds like you just run out of writing and left it there to fill in later.

There are a number of remixes of this same source, so you shouldn't have any problem finding stuff to compare it to. Note that these have all made significant changes to the progression, arrangement, writing.. something, or else they wouldn't be on OCR.

See what you can do. I think you've got some things to learn, but I also think you'll pick them up quite fast. Good luck!

Haven't heard remixes of this source before. /sarcasm

Way too close, and a lot of the sounds aren't processed AT ALL, it seems. The autopan on the rhythmic backing should be countered by something else, it feels like the balance is off half the time because it pans too far.

Nutri gave your some pretty good feedback, let's see if there's something he didn't mention...

Backing pads could be tweaked to be cleaner, or you should add some glass noise or other grit to other stuff.

The drums _could_ work, but you'd need to fatten up the clap significantly with reverbs and all kinds of effects. I suggest chorus+delay+reverb+compressor, that should get it better. Layering or replacing it with a more suited sample would probably be better. The bass drum could lose a number of notes, as it even plays on top of the clap. I do recommend changing them both for something more suitable.

Ending is bad. Is that really an ending? Sounds like you just run out of writing and left it there to fill in later.

There are a number of remixes of this same source, so you shouldn't have any problem finding stuff to compare it to. Note that these have all made significant changes to the progression, arrangement, writing.. something, or else they wouldn't be on OCR.

See what you can do. I think you've got some things to learn, but I also think you'll pick them up quite fast. Good luck!

I know why Rozo...it's a complete midi rip.... x_x good luck getting accepted with that. Not that I don't "ever" use midis *whistles innocently.*

Lmao Midi rip? D= I spent ages trying to layer these track while keeping it close to the original, but yeah I got the reference from a midi.

:? I guess that was bad. Hmm, I'll try better. Thank you for the advise and criticism! :-D I wanted it to have some sort of heavenly feeling to it. Do you guys know what good soundfonts or VSTi I could use for this?

Lmao Midi rip? D= I spent ages trying to layer these track while keeping it close to the original, but yeah I got the reference from a midi.

:? I guess that was bad. Hmm, I'll try better. Thank you for the advise and criticism! :-D I wanted it to have some sort of heavenly feeling to it. Do you guys know what good soundfonts or VSTi I could use for this?

Oh my, I guess I'll take your word then ;-) good work on that if you did it all by ear. As for VSTi and SF's look and ask around in the Remixing thread, that's where all the technical buzz is at. Good luck for your future works :D

Oh my, I guess I'll take your word then ;-) good work on that if you did it all by ear. As for VSTi and SF's look and ask around in the Remixing thread, that's where all the technical buzz is at. Good luck for your future works :D

XD Thank you! Say, is it okay if I nade orchestral remix or something more traditional? I like trance, but I wanted to do the old fashioned ones a bit since not much of them are available.