*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Blood on My Hands'

djpretzel

email attachment sub, filename Final_Fantasy_6_BloodOnMyHands_OC_ReMix.mp3 -djp

Sorry for emailing the song :> I've never submitted to OC before

and am having a world of trouble uploading this thing anywhere.

I hope you like the song.. It's from FF6 which I know gets remixed a

lot, but I've been wanting to do this for a while. Anyway, enjoy!

MrFeral

well it was an interesting choice to have the melody playing on low strings. i dont think it works very well; the strings are just too low and muddy.

the harp part seems a little bit dishevled and unorganized at times, and at least once or twice the harp hits a "bad" note.

in the rock section, theres the same mud i complained about earlier.

i like the section after 2:25.

i have to give this a NO

because the mix sounds muddy and there are some questionable notes in the harmony line.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a really hard time hearing the FF6 theme. Every now and then I can just sort of *barely* hear something that's mixed way into the background. And then the harp sounds "sort of" like the theme at times.

But regardless of how present the theme is, this is a pretty simple piece with some mixing problems. Most of the piece is just solo harp with a pad playing sustained notes in the background. Which could be just fine, however the harp is over-quantitized and features no amount of dynamic contrast - a lethal combo that results in a mechanical and unemotional sound.

Also, the guitar/synth sound that plays in the lower registers lacks definition and just comes off sounding muddy. Some hiss in the recording as well- particularly noticable at the end.

NO

hmm, this sounds like it was tracked. which would also easily explain the tight quantization. anyways...

this might work well for a low-cost production 80s anime. get what i'm saying? this sounds pretty cheap. instead of being redundant i will just refer you vigilante's post.. he summed up the bulk of my thoughts.

no