Downloadable MIDI controller?

I'll admit it, I'm new to remixing. I'm working on one of my first projects, but I need a way to input some MIDI, but I don't have any of those fancy pianos or anything because they're too expensive. Do you guys know where I could find something (free) online that will let me compose my own MIDI files?

Do it point-and-click style. Creating MIDI files just adds an extra step to making a remix that isn't particularly useful - your MIDI file probably won't have the right articulations and such. Your best bet is to use FL Studio or something similar that *can* actually be used for mixing and input the notes into that program with your keyboard and mouse.

download a midi controller

*snicker*

anyway, the best free option right now is Cockos Reaper. Pardon the name, but it's a complete and workable DAW [digital audio workstation] with VST [basically a virtual effect or synthesizer] support. The interface is much like Sonar or Cubase, which are much much higher end DAWs, so if you ever feel like upgrading to those, you won't have much to learn.