*NO* Stunt Race FX 'Deep Sewer Buggy Boom' *FT*

Antonio Pizza

Wolvinbolt (6:30:14 PM): <knocking politely on your IM and waiting till you get back>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auto response from AntonioPizza527 (6:30:14 PM): Gettin' wet & naked. Maybe I'll take a shower afterwards...

tntpogbamtfbwy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AntonioPizza527 (12:51:51 AM): Uh...hello?

Wolvinbolt (12:52:04 AM): hey, lol

Wolvinbolt (12:52:13 AM): <- timberwolf

AntonioPizza527 (12:52:17 AM): Oh.

AntonioPizza527 (12:52:19 AM): Hi.

AntonioPizza527 (12:52:23 AM): How the hell are ya?

Wolvinbolt (12:52:28 AM): lol, i'm good

Wolvinbolt (12:52:43 AM): and you?

Wolvinbolt (12:53:15 AM): i'm just finding that unreal doesn't like my controller AT all, or even recognise it, lol

Wolvinbolt (12:53:26 AM): but that may also be my camera's fault

AntonioPizza527 (12:53:43 AM): possitiblinityssibly...

Wolvinbolt (12:57:15 AM): <my camera's greedy and will kill off my mouse o controller and won't give it back even when it's not plugged in>

Wolvinbolt (12:57:38 AM): anywhoo, lol... i wanted to alert you to some OCR submissions that fell through

AntonioPizza527 (12:57:58 AM): oakely dokely

Wolvinbolt (12:58:51 AM): well, my own, "Deep Sewer Buggy Boom" (Stunt Race FX), was submitted 2 months ago

Wolvinbolt (12:59:11 AM): and Maniac9 had one that's been in since december, but i'm not sure which it is

Wolvinbolt (12:59:23 AM): it may be "10k cc"

AntonioPizza527 (12:59:23 AM): Linkage.

Wolvinbolt (12:59:28 AM): also from stunt race FX

Wolvinbolt (12:59:38 AM): well, i have no link for his...

Wolvinbolt (1:00:16 AM): wow, the UT2k3 demo runs windowed. it is god

Wolvinbolt (1:00:49 AM): <obtaining linkage>

AntonioPizza527 (1:00:54 AM): link me to yours

Wolvinbolt (1:01:28 AM): it'll be there as long as saunders server is up

AntonioPizza527 (1:03:15 AM): okay

this is probably the most abstract ReMix i've ever heard. one needs a sonic magnifying glass to find the warped fragments of the original in this. the dynamics and sounds are very good, but i really can't see something that makes such little use of the original material on OCR.

i'm very sorry timberwolf, an avant garde artist such as yourself may never be understood in your own time because of shallow minded conformists such as myself.

no

bah, slow download. i'll go to McDonalds and listen when i get back.

*burger in hand*

what have we here? reading the other judges chosen vocabulary, "abstract" and "avant garde" i strangely enough have the wingless in mind. lets hear it.

i had just written up a long analysis of the various aspects of this piece, but i decided that was uneccessary. i can sum it up quite simply.

this is a very ambitious project. it tries to be atmospheric/ambient and abstract/driving rock/whatever else. while there are LOTS of parts of this song that i like, i feel like they arent woven together terribly well, and there really just arent enough layers in the various sections. if timberwolf would like clarification on what i mean by this, i'd be happy to explain it more in-depth. but i feel the ambience is a bit thin and ineffective.

NO

i think this has significant creative value, but i think it could use more work. it could be more condensed, and more beefy. i'd like to hear what Matt has to say about this mix.

Very creative, and nice sounds, although a lot of the time the texture was painfully thin. There are some parts that I really like and some other parts I don't - sometimes the contrast between sections was too much, almost like a totally different genre each time. This mix could have been shorter with more layers IMO. I don't think this has a place on OCR.

NO