OCR00994 - Final Fantasy VII "Where Destiny Meets"

• 3 years later...

Crud, this sort of reminds me of something and I can't quite think of what.....:?

Still, this is modern, laid back, mellowy, jet setting, starlit, subdued, "hey, don't worry about it" kind of jazz.

Be warned, the only flaw is there's no ending; it just randomly stops >.<

I even re-downloaded it to make sure there wasn't any downloading error when I first obtained it.

Still, its good stuff and worth downloading.

• 4 months later...

A bit hypnotic in it's chillness- those repeating 8ths at the beginning really calm me down, leading to a funky bassline and smoothed out chords supporting the melody. If I ever owned a boutique tea shop or something, I'd totally play this while people sipped tea and worked on their laptops.

The samples aren't as rich as some of Joshua's later mixes, but they get the job done just fine.

The mix is delicious and fragrant, just like the tea i would serve. :-)

• 2 months later...

This mix feels minimal and experimental as it drops a chord here, a riff there, a percussion loop elsewhere, gauging their effects both small and cumulative. Changing the time signature from 3/4 to 4/4 seems to make the environment more inviting. The synth playing the arpeggios in the beginning is so plucky it could pass for a new sort of string-based instrument. I like to think the cloud-like pad at 0:34 symbolizes heaven and the bass at 0:51 represents earth, so when they combine at 1:27, a concrete visual scene emerges.

"Take a vacation," the mix says. It certainly practices what it preaches. :P

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00994 - Final Fantasy VII "Where Destiny Meets"