*NO* Street Fighter Alpha 3 'That's Just Gonna Have to Do'

zykO

zyko

Street Fighter III Alpha

Not sure about composers

Cody's theme (sorry i couldn't find the source... i'm a retard, i apologize)

just a DoD entry that is a hard rockin version of cody's theme. cody was a tough mofo in the game and so the track had to exploit his street tenacity. distorted vocals, crunchin guitars, live drumming, and some biting synths. there are several clever allusions in the track including the fact that cody is actually a character from final fight that was ported in for SF 3 alpha... amongst other nuggets of clever videogame nerdiness.

lyrics:

that's gonna have to do

once again, i bring the fight to the street and, with no quarter given, the last barrier's breached

a terrible knack for knockin you back, for knockin your punk ass straight back off of your feet

my intent to put you in a box is lost upon the thought of my deathly deed

now we're dancing to the ire of lust and i must say that my commitment is free

now we can scrap if you want to

baby, i dont think that's such a good idea

but from the way you move

that's gonna have to do

my final fight is a work in progress so i stress that this mess has rage at it's core.

and what's more, i fight with the best so if you got test then baby, let's roll

i rock boys and girls all the same, i don't remember names - only their blood stains.

i ain't frontin' but you feel somethin comin', so you best go hide with the rest of the lames

it looks like you do

that's gonna have to do

dig it.

• 1 month later...

Great arrangement, dude! I've said it before, but I'm always a fan of how organic and live your arrangements sound. This is hard-hitting and always reminiscent of the Cody theme, even when it doesn't stick that closely to it. I love these kinds of remixes. And the vocals are flat out awesome.

Your playing's good but what is up with the mixing? :-( Some of it must be intentional distortion, but the overall sound is really lossy. The drums especially just sound so trashed out. I think using a few elements like that in a song can be cool, but when everything sounds that way, it's too much. Dunno whether it's from the recording or some effects you've applied after the fact, but I'd suggest scaling it back. I wouldn't mind hearing a little more EQ too, cause a lot of information gets lost.

I don't wanna wreck with your concept, but I think with less distortion it would still have the effect you want while keep a fuller, cleaner sound. I don't think I can say YES to this as it stands, but maybe others will feel differently. :|

NO (resubmit)

This sounds good, but waaaay too overcompressed, especially when all the vocals and everything come in. I don't think it needs to be this loud. I had to turn it down a bit - sounds like you pushed the volume waaay up against a hard limiter and it just crunched it all out. Scale it back and I think this will sound less saturated.

NO (due to mastering, resub)

Street Fighter Zero 3 Original Soundtrack - (203) "Stripes"

Yeah, what happened here, homey? Agreed that it's too compressed. You need to put a Wonderbra on this bitch to lift and separate. The arrangement was pretty solid; nice ending too, though it cut off a little abruptly.

Try to re-mix this and then work from there. You don't resubmit much, so it might not happen on this one, but you could polish this up and get the first SFA3 mix posted if you wanted to.

NO (resubmit)