*NO* Metroid 'Echoes of Zebes' *FT*

Disco Dan

Dear Disco,

I originally submitted a remix back in February (the auto-reply is

dated February 13), but I never heard back. I waited and waited, re-

submitted again March 11. After awhile, I tried PMing djpretzel, but I

never heard back, so I tried PMing another one of the judges (analog) as

the e-mail suggested, but he said he was unable to assist me at the time

and I should try one of the other judges. I've now PMed two other judges ((Digital Coma, Antonio Pizza) waiting a week in between for a response and have received nothing, not even so much as a "no, go away." I apologize for bothering you, but I've been waiting since February, and at the very least I'd like some critical feedback on the mix. I'm hoping that you will be able to assist me. Below is my info for me and the mix. I recently uploaded a newer version to the same URL, so I'm hoping that is not the cause for this confusion.

Name: William Bowen

E-mail:

Remix Name: Metroid Echoes of Zebes OC Remix

URL:

Thanks for your consideration and sorry to be a bother. If you want to talk, my AIM name is "Iownyannos" but mostly I'm at work.

So... there it is. Just right click on the link and select save as. It's Geocities.

It's very reverb heavy, there are a few "iffy" notes with the choral pad that's thrown on top of the rest of the mix that don't quite go with the rest of the chords at those given spots (see 1:22, 1:53). It could be my sound card, but it seems heavily bass-distorted. Especially through the second half. And besides the choral pad, the rest seems to be pretty much the same as the original with an interesting drum pattern used on top. I give it a

NO

D

this is the original with new (but nicely varied) drum work and some weird pads. it's not just DiscoDan's soundcard; this there is some weird stuff going on in the low end.. the cutoff on the bass pad goes down but the res stays up resulting in a muddy overdriven sound.

not a lot going on with this one...

no

Heard this one way back, and again now.

First off, its too short. Second, this song has been done soo many times; it had better show something new.

The drums are rather unvaried.

Note for note with the original. The synths have some aweful conflicting releases. Best way to watch that is to check your 'release' and make sure its not too long when notes are going fast like in this song.

Some iffy notes on the chords, as dan said.

Rather messy on the second half.

Sorry bud, nice idea.

NO