Super Mario Bros. 'Supa Dupa Mario' (Overworld Theme)

Mr.Pleno

Intro is a bit sudden, you could make a soft 15-20 seconds off of the first 10 seconds, as a soft intro. I'll get you some length, too. Not that short isn't sweet.

Drums aren't good. Not the writing, which gets repetitive. Not the samples, which are kind'a weak but that could be fixed with production... which isn't so good either, I can barely hear the kick, the snare is weak, the toms are loud by comparison (and panned a bit too far, imo), the hihats are ticky, and all the drums could benefit from some slight medium-size room reverb. FIlls are fine, but the length writing, the repetition is just... boring.

Brass samples could use some production tweaks, some lack lows, some lack clear crisp sound. Their lows might be better covered by a bass, not low brass. Wait, I hear some kind of bass in there... barely. More lows and more volume to it, can only hear it clearly during its brief solo.

1:11 Some kind of quick harp arpeggios somewhere in there? What was that? Didn't sound good imo. Later arpeggios are a bit too low to sound good, try moving them up an octave and dropping some low frequencies off its EQ.

I'm not sure that this meets the source/interpretation standards, but it's certainly not a far cry from them as style goes. Progression is a bit too similar, the J's might ahve a problem with that if you submit it like this.

Still, it's an enjoyable take on a song that some think has gotten old. Never gets old when there's potential for something like this. :)

Great title. Great ending. I always like to here the Mario theme in this style.

This is a good start. Other than what Roz pointed out, I'd add that the mix stays at the same intensity level the whole way through. Vary it up, soften some of the harsher and repetitive elements, and punch up the rest. Also, the piano is a nice addition but it sounds like someone just banging on the keys repetitively. Writing a more nuanced piano solo that you can add the brass back into later would definitely give this mix more personality.