*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Remembering Aeris' *FT*

analoq

remixer: abandoned

game: final fantasy 7

title: remembering aeris

since april you say? it's been long enough. i'll post it on the panel when i get around to it. this is good work, but why does the guitar rest so abruptly at the end?
it's supposed to be metaphor for how quickly aeris is gone.

makes you wanna listen to the song again ;)

uh... riiiight. but aside from that and a few minor flubs in the live recording this is some good work.

yes

The guitar sounds cool, as real guitar usually does, but the song barely builds at all. It just ... continues. Secondly, the guitar doesnt seem to follow the beat all that well. Its definately there, but seems out of sync. At 2:04 things get pretty messy.

Guitar songs always make it in ocr. I believe simply being a guitar song isnt enough. Something besides playing chords on the guitar must be displayed.

NO

to be honest, i'm not impressed. maybe its because i'm a guitarist myself and i notice little things that are off in the solo and rythm parts. or maybe its the fact that there is very little "arrangement" involved in this mix. its just a handful of chords strummed over and over again, with an occasional melody or solo. its just unorganized.

and while its always great to hear a guitar mix, lets be honest. if this didnt have the 'wow' factor of being a FF7 mix played on guitar, would you listen to it? the soloing is sloppy. while the song overall isnt objectionable to the ear, it just doesnt offer a whole lot, the organization is below-average. it lacks focus, and the guitar solo sounds amateurish.

it's a good fun effort, but it really just isnt up to OCR standards.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

ok this better not suck. 'Cause I'm gonna feel... well... let down. AND MISLED BY MY FELLOW 'JUDGES.'

Well it has a cool sound. But we just had a FF7 guitar mix. So...

NO

JUST KIDDING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok not really funny... well sort of....

Anyway, Vigilante makes some good points, and it's the same reason I come down so hard on Piano mixes. Though I've noticed people are BIGGER suckers for solo piano works than guitar. Dunno why.

Anyway, I DO like the synth/guitar juxtaposition, but the sloppiness needs to be considered. It seems like it's trying to be rhythmically organized, but falls short. Hmm... I was thinking of saying more, but Vig pretty much said everything and worded it better anyway, so I'll just leave it at that.

D

• 2 weeks later...

The quality of the recording definatly is nice... very clear.

I do rather like the style of the arrangement, very much digging the

feel of the track, but there are a few rough spots that sort of make me

tilt my head and go "huh?"

But.. um.. I've hardly heard any bit of Aeris in here. It's a pretty beloved

theme among the fanboys, and this is almost too much of a minimalistic

take on it to work given teh genre context.

Neat, but feels to unfocused.

• NO

Sounds like like Oasis.... I kinda like Oasis.