Command & Conquer 'Mechanical Man'

HoboKa

I must say that I'm not digging this. The main tune is dug in way too deep under those synthesizer tones, which only after a second listen are already starting to work on my nerves. I think this isn't a tune for this kind of music; Mechanical Man needs to be dark and gritty, not soft like you made it. Ofcourse, that's a choice of style, but again I don't think that it does the tune justice...

Good source, the bass is awesome here, tho you might want to lose it for some parts, just to change things up and give ppl's ears a break once in a while.

The first third of it is pretty cool. The center part is where I start losing interest, so I think you could make some cuts there. Some drum fills feel a bit awkward, so you might want to have a look at all of them, see which ones work and which ones just screw with the listener's sense of rhythm. Last third is mostly like the second, it gets dull. There's nothing to follow, to it's more atmospheric/rhythmic than melodic, which isn't something ocr favors. You need a more clear progression, possibly a lead of some kind, but at leasta more clear and less repetitive progression.

That being said, this has some qualities that I'm not sure I've heard in your work before. Interesting, in a positive way. Make this more intelligible, and it might be able to get on ocr. Even as a "non-affiliated" remix, the repetition and lack of clear progression hurts it enough to need some work in that area.

Track intro is leaning left. You've got that strum-like synth panned left, and it's screwing with the track balance.

1:14 empty section, and it lasts a bit too long for my tastes. The Js wouldn't like how thin the drums are when exposed there.

Change at 2:13 comes a bit too late for my tastes, you could cut some of the repetition between it and 1:14. I'm loving the high bells here, tho, really creepy.

2:48 drumroll into this felt a bit too mechanical, some variation in drum sound in the roll would be nice, even volume, cutoff, anything. By now, the rhythm has gotten a bit tiresome, but this would be the ideal place to change it up. You're back to the main theme now, so you could do something more interesting with the track here.

And then it ends. A bit too suddenly. Let it tone down for a few measures, it'll give it a more complete feel.

imo, anyway. Doesn't feel as repetitive as last version. I still think you could use a more clear lead, but with the right arrangement tweaks and processing, it could work without one. Good stuff, and good luck with it.

• 5 weeks later...

the only things i find need work would be at about 2:48 after the drumroll it seems like it's building up ....... into a weak transition back to the main theme.....and then again with the ending that just ends. perhaps fade out with just the piano and bells? kind of a creepy fade or slowed ending maybe.

but the rest of the track is excellent listening especially here at work

the only things i find need work would be at about 2:48 after the drumroll it seems like it's building up ....... into a weak transition back to the main theme.....and then again with the ending that just ends. perhaps fade out with just the piano and bells? kind of a creepy fade or slowed ending maybe.

but the rest of the track is excellent listening especially here at work

thanks dood. Yeah I gotta rework those areas, I'll do that some time in the next week or so.