The Sega Genesis lives! New games coming...

The Coop

Why are these guys bothering to release on the Genesis? Why not release on a more profitable platform that is still cheap to develop for (PC)? I don't know what the quality of the games are, but this strikes me as highly gimmicky. If they are trying to make money, they are hurting themselves, and if they want as many people to see their art as possible, they are still hurting themselves. I'm all for retro gaming, but you didn't see Capcom release Mega Man 9 on the NES.

Why are these guys bothering to release on the Genesis? Why not release on a more profitable platform that is still cheap to develop for (PC)? I don't know what the quality of the games are, but this strikes me as highly gimmicky. If they are trying to make money, they are hurting themselves, and if they want as many people to see their art as possible, they are still hurting themselves. I'm all for retro gaming, but you didn't see Capcom release Mega Man 9 on the NES.

Because they like the Genesis. It's also a known fact that people really like a physical copy in their hands, and getting a "new" Genesis game, box, cart and all, is a great selling point. The fact that BP has sold a lot of it's copies (the last number I saw was 1200+ of 1500), shows this.

They're appealing to the people who still have and love their Genesis systems. It may be gimmicky, but the fact that people are interested in this, and have bought/preordered it, shows there's a market for this kind of thing.

Perhaps someday when all the physical copies of BP, LoW and SP are gone, we'll see them show up as a ROM somewhere. But for now, they're all focused on giving a physical object to the people who want it. And it's pretty obvious, that people want it.

Time to grab a blueprint and start splicing.

64Mbit carts? I thought Genesis was 16-bit?

I'm somewhat lost.

WRONG BITS.

16-Bit is the "word size" for the processor. For example, it can natively handle 16-bit integer math. It has *ABSOLUTELY NOTHING* to do with how large the ROM stored on the cartridge can be.

• 2 years later...