*NO* Mega Man 8 'Synthetic Future'

djpretzel

Well until we get an original for comparison I'll treat this as though it

isn't too close and say that it's a neat little dance track.

Not so many layers as to cloud whats going on, but not so simple that it's

boring. I wasn't too thrilled with the actual theme ITSELF, but the remix

is at least executed decently. I was a little irritated with the excessive

stereo separation in some of the instruments though.

Overall, I would call this a nice clean dance track.

YES

http://ramsites.net/~s2dwcabr/08%20Frost%20Man.psf

YAY FOR SIMPLE RESEARCH!!!

And in the future, let's not rely on the opions of Dyne to determine something in the queue. mmmmkay?

Ok, that being said, this is actually fairly similar to the original, (as you can hear at the link above). This is a pretty simple techno adaptation. It appears as if we have an attempt at variety with the addition of some really fast arpeggios at various points, but the rest of the music doesn't really build. See, if you're gonna have a break in the song where you introduce a new element, and then go back into the song, it should be bigger than it was before the break. But this one stays the same outside of the breaks. So the song doesn't really build. It just has some breaks to say "hey, take a break, I know you've been listening to the same section of this song over and over again, so here's some fast arpeggios to take your mind off of that." Not to mention the clever Megaman vocal sample at the end.

Anyway the only variety as far as I can hear is these little breaks that come throughout the song to interrupt the monotony (though not very well in my opinion). The original is a techno piece as well, so it's not like keeping it in a techno mood was much of an alteration. Overall, I'm not very impressed...

NO OVERRIDE

D