Manafare (WIP)

Gorgonian14

Orchestra arrangement of main theme from Secret of Mana. Obvious problems with the production at this point that will be fixed, but overall this is close to what I'm shooting for. Not sure about the end, but the idea is close to what I want. Definitely want the contrast between the progressive harmonies and the traditional at the end, just not sure this is exactly what I want.

Anyway, comments are appreciated. Thanks.

http://pwatts14.googlepages.com/Manafare.mp3

Beautiful arrangement. The quiet parts are too quiet in my opinion, compared with the fortissimos. Overall, though, it is very fluid and respectful of the original track. Nice work!

You wouldn't happen to be the mind behind a particularly good Rygar orchestration I came across years ago, would you?

Beautiful arrangement. The quiet parts are too quiet in my opinion, compared with the fortissimos. Overall, though, it is very fluid and respectful of the original track. Nice work!

You wouldn't happen to be the mind behind a particularly good Rygar orchestration I came across years ago, would you?

I did a Rygar medley in collaboration with Jago a couple of years ago, yeah. Jago followed it up with a much better one since then called Rygar Megamix or something like that. You are probably thinking of that one, but you might have mine in mind.

Thanks for the compliment, incidentally, and I agree with you about the quietness. I hope to fix that.

Yes, there's source. Same as in sd3, so I know it well, plus it's one of those often remixed and easily recognized themes. It's there, and it's interpreted. I don't think the Js would have any problem with it.

I agree about the quiet sections. A really slow compression coul keep it balanced without much work

Then there's a bunch of instruments that don't sound good, simply because of their adsr settings, like the 0:30 trumpet and the 1:20, 2:00, and 3:20 brass. Humanizing them might help, but you might need another set of samples.

A lot of it sounds way too dry, too. Needs reverb.

Good arrangement, tho. I like it.