The Road to Becoming a VG Composer.

Blur

That's for the help Lie Mf B, =D. I appreciate it greatly, ^^.

Well, since I've asked the question about what does performance actually mean, the term performance has stuck out everywhere like a sore thumb for some reason. With your explanation and what I've kind of gathered elsewhere, it makes much more sense now. Hmm, I'm not sure if it'd be right of me to post a song I've done, just to see if someone could point out my performance flaws, but over all, I think I have a better idea about it.

And I guess your points make sense about the first thing you said. I really do have a great interest in 3D modeling and animation, it's just I think skill wise, I could be more successful as a game musician.

As for composing/performing certain styles of music, I really try cover as many areas as I can. I'm greatly inspired from Sonic the Hedgehog music, and I've always loved the idea that each stage kinda has it's own genre in a way. Like how Oil Ocean sounds like Egyptian hip-hop or something similar while the 2-player Emerald Hill Zone sounds like a ska song, =3. I try to base my attitude of the level or situation like that. I think everyone does though, so I might just be wasting my breath, ^^.

-Blur

Well, I was wondering my self. i have the trial of FL. and a cheap midi keyboard. but cannot find the motivation anymore, its like. I want to. but it confuses me alot. So, what im asking, is simply. What can I do to get myself motivated?

after a few years of working a crappy job as like a dishwasher or a shelf stocker or a salesman, you get pretty motivated to improve your skills. if that doesn't do the trick, you're pretty much screwed :)

after a few years of working a crappy job as like a dishwasher or a shelf stocker or a salesman, you get pretty motivated to improve your skills. if that doesn't do the trick, you're pretty much screwed :)

heh lol i can definitely relate to that im a computer technician and a security guard and hopefully one day a professional trance artist on a nice label like ajunabeats. Thats why im always studying like crazy about music i started making music at the age of 14 way back in 1999 using only a PS1 and MTV Music Generator it took me 6yrs to get everything down pact ..hell im still learning new shit everyday. so yeah Blur take your time man dont rush it train.....sharping your skills and listen to all style's of music. if you dont you will limit yourself.