Cave Story (piano solo medley)

Tex

http://www.fileupyours.com/view/149382/Txai%20-%20True%20Mimiga%20Hero.mp3

ReMix of "Cemetery" and "Mimiga Town". Still had some stuff to improve (especially toward the end), but I decided to finish it because I lost the project file and there was no way I could work on it again.

I consider this song as my first attempt at a piano solo and I think it turned out well.

Go easy on the high velocity notes, they shoot through the soundscape (and my eardrums) like bullets. Smoothen those out.

Source is there, and I like how it's adapted. A few tempo snags that get a little in the way of enjoying the track as much as I'd like to. The left-hand writing is kind'a simplistic, I think the Js would have a problem with that. At the end of my first listen, I don't remember any left-hand writing that wasn't single notes, and most of the time, it's a very simple and montonous rhythm. yes, the left-hand writing in the middle of the track is pretty, but it's not always even nearly as pretty.

Poor velocity control and too big and stumbling tempo snags - those are your problems with this. Your reverb settings might need some work as well, and you'll probably have to rewrite your left-hand writing to be a bit more elaborate.

Good work so far. :D