General Mac questions

The Pezman

So I made the switch a week ago and I'm loving it. This thing is slick, sleek, and works like a charm. A few questions:

1. Is there a simple IDE I can use for coding? Both xCode and Eclipse give me headaches as I try and navigate all the different options they have set up. I need something simple and straightforward.

2. Is uninstalling really as simple as dragging the application to the trash? How do you know (apart from searching) that an application may actually have an uninstall program?

3. Can I use a mounted Windows iso for Boot Camp? Or does it have to be on a physical disc?

I can only help you with #2. If it has an uninstall app, you should see it when you install the app. I don't recall running into one, tho. Mac apps contain a lot of the data inside the app (rightclick/controlclick it and pick "view package contents" to see whats inside). Any related data in the library could also be removed, but I doubt you'd need to. I don't recall ever having had to use an uninstaller (only had mac, had it since system 7), just throwing the app and related items in the trash has worked fine.

In the short term, Java. In the long, who knows?

To be honest, I would still suggest eclipse, the default settings will get you through the easy programs and as you become a better programmer, the more advance settings will make sense on their own. However, if you want simple and straight forward, saving the class file as .java and compiling it with javac is about as easy as you will get. Or, there is Suns NetBeans IDE http://www.netbeans.org/