WIP Final Fantasy X ~ Besaid island

rouli

No... the whole thing sounds a bit like midi, might be unprocessed simple synths, sounds a bit like some GarageBand presets. From what I can remember, there's not much interpretation put into the track, it could be a midi rip. I don't remember the source well enough to really tell, but remember it well enough to feel like I don't have to look it up. Not enough interpretation.

That's the crits.

As for advice, listen to music, and try to hear how the production sounds. Stuff like if you can hear a faint echo or reverb after a lead, the differences between low notes and normal notes with their high frequencies cut... Learn the production aspect of mixing. Here's some stuff for you to read.

OCR wants remixes that aren't just remakes with different instruments, there should be some significant arrangement changes. Compare some remixes to the originals, and you should hear quite a difference, especially with remixes from the past few years.

I hope this doesn't discourage you.