Giygas why you gotta be all up in my grill

Jaybell

Kay, so.

pvzy

I was dickin' around with Giygas' theme. This is nowhere near complete, it's very much a sketch (the second half esp. needs work). Hopefully I will actually commit to this and finish it, I'm pretty fond of what I've got so far, actually.

Thoughts, complaints, rage, whatever is all welcome.

and the source:

See, that is something I do not know at all. I don't know what high-range, low-range, and all that whatever when it comes to mixin' and mastering is! If I did, then I'd probably be able to improve the quality of these things a heckuvalot.

Well, that and finishing more of the song. :tomatoface:

You need to tweak volumes. The drums (especially the cymbols) are drowning out everything else.

Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of variation from the original song. Mix it up a little more and that would help a lot.

Samples aren't great (I think that's what it is? I'm not exactly up on the technical aspects of remixing. It sounds "fake".) but I'm not sure what exactly you could do about that, so maybe someone else would have some better advice.

With volumes Jovian means velocities, the individual note strengths.

Dude, you don't know high-range and low-range? lol, read up on it. Google is your friend. And Google knows stuff. You should go to Google. Google can help. (note: there are tutorials on the site that you might find useful - links in this post).

For someone that doesn't seem to know squat about the technical stuff, you've at least done a good job in personalizing the source. The source is clearly identifiable, but you've changd the bass, rhythms, something not all care to do. Kudos on that.

I think you'd do best atm to read up on those technicalities, find music in similar style and learn from them. A lot of the fakey-ness comes from you not seemingly knowing what to do with your samples (the lack of velocity work gives it away). Read up on stuff like that.

I'd rather give advice like this than rip your piece apart and complain about stuff. There's not much point in telling you to filter your leads or use an amp sim on clean samples until you actually know what all that is. read up on stuff, and experiment. Then come back and show how you've improved. Good luck.