Sonic and the Black Knight

Sir_NutS

so, yeah.

I mean, Unleashed... it wasn't that bad. 40% of the game was really good. So what do die-hard, always hopeful sonic fans do when Sega crushes their dreams? (again!)

Well, what else, shift our attention to the next game.

I mean, it definitively looks better than secret rings so far. It looks a lil too 3d for sonic but, at least it's kinda on rails and it won't be the platforming nightmare that we often had to play through in any 3d sonic game. Maybe they will fix the Secret rings controls too. You gotta admit it was a fun game but the controls were kinda wonky.

Uh? What do you say? that sonic is carrying a sword?. Well, maybe... yeah, kinda, I guess >_>.

Ok ok he does, and it's another gimmick imposed over the sonic franchise, but, you know this could work out, with a little faith uh? besides hey let's be frank, it's not as bad as having him transform into a stupid, slow werewolf... or giving him guns... right? right!?

RIGHT?

I think Sega should pull a "Mega Man 9" and release some good 2d sonic games for the virtual consoles and not all this 3d stuff. The last 'next gen' sonic game I played was Adventure 2: Battle, and the only parts of that game that I liked were the chao farms and the music (as cheesy as it could be). I'm done thinking about sonic in 3d.

Again, I'm taking a cautious wait-and-see with this. Sonic with a sword is less ridiculous than other things they've pulled. It's far less ridiculous than the Werehog bullshit and at least there's a justification given the universe he's in. He is in a storybook, and it IS Arthurian Legend, so it's not that unusual of stretch. It's just a manner of how it's implemented. What I hope to see with it is that Sonic would use it as a new means of locomotion rather than a fighting implement. They've mentioned in previews that he can use the sword to cut a hole down a wall to slow his descent (though why he couldn't simply *run* down it is beyond me), but I'm not ready to totally write it off without playing it.