Megaman(NES) Dr.Wily'sCastle & MegamanII(GB) Stage Select Psytrance remixes

Primecyde

Hi, I'm new here, but I've been producing music for almost 3 years

And my debut album is soon to be released on a small Australian label..

I've remixed 2 tracks and both are to be found on my myspace

www.myspace.com/primecyde

Megaman(NES) Dr.Wily'sCastle = The Fortress

MegamanII(GB) Stage Select = Tomorrow

Please do give me your honest thougts about it =)

hugz

*drumroll* Introducing my cousin, who 2 years ago didn't know how to make an mp3 from a wav, who despite my 15 years of making music, my 9 years in music schools, and with no formal musical education of his own, now makes music that sounds better than mine and is signed with a minor label, and who despite my 6 years on ocr is also very likely to beat me to getting posted. :tomatoface: *cymbal*

Random swede on an... Australian label? What is this, the internet?

Stupid myspace thinks I'm finnish-speaking. Anyway, best to not use myspace for wips, btw, the compression can cut some frequencies, dynamics, overall quality.

Anyway, Tomorrow's low on source. Comparing to source, it wasn't much I recognized. I like the production, altho it uses the same voice clips over and over, and the writing is pretty simplistic. Drum writing is fine, lots of good stuff there, but the rest... simplistic, not very interesting, and low on source.

The Fortress has a lot more source, easily recognized in the intro. I'm no fan of voice clips, but they worked better in Tomorrow than in this one. Felt less appropriate here. Sound effects might work occasionally, but the repeated use of the shattered glass clip or whatever it was... not pretty. Anyway, source was easier to hear here, well interpreted, but not enough of it, imo.

Production might be on OCR's level but I'm not sure arrangement is, and certain that the source use isn't (unless I'm being source-deaf again), Larry's stopwatch alone would probably NO them before they made it to the panel. That being said, you seem to have what it takes to get a track on OCR, just gotta work on the interpretation. And if you're not aiming for OCR, I gotta ask why you're remixing vgm yet don't make it recognizable enough for a random listener like me to hear the source well.

In any case, good production, not enough source, imo.

I agree with Rozovian. The production is slick but there's too much of your own stuff in both remixes, and too little of the mixes contain anything that resembles the original songs, also leaving out parts of the originals that could have easily been implemented.

And for once I actually have a complaint about your typically impeccable production - In "Tomorrow" the arp blips are too loud, and I would prefer a more sawlike sound over the current square-ish one.