Sonic Nexus Soundtrack

hRook

Sonic Nexus is a Sonic fan game for which I am composing and overseeing the soundtrack. I've been working on this project for a good while now, and my job is to basically create short (0:45-1:30), indefinitely looping tracks for zones as well as jingles for events like 1-Ups. I have a healthy number of tracks done, but I want to introduce them individually to get focused feedback on each one.

First track - Dusky Deposit Zone:

http://www.meedeor.com/nexus-mp3/DuskyDeposit.mp3

This is meant to be used in a mine-type level, slightly a'la Mystic Cave from Sonic 2. There's a lot less of the eerie feel in it and more of a funky groove though.

I'm looking for general feedback regarding production, samples, composition, etc. As far as the form goes, keep in mind I don't have much wiggle room. The recording loops twice and fades out during the second loop. Also, for some things like the sax tracks, I'm interested in finding individuals who would be willing to collaborate.

Looking forward to your feedback!

-Hunter

I feel the same way about the sax tracks on all my songs. Honestly, I love the sax's timbre and expression, but it's so hard to find a good sample, and even harder to find a good saxophonist. Do you know of any good VSTi or HAL sax/wind libraries?

I feel the same way about the sax tracks on all my songs. but it's so hard to find a good sample, and even harder to find a good saxophonist. Do you know of any good VSTi or HAL sax/wind libraries?

I don't know any decent ones myself I'm afraid, I try not to use brass at all, because the samples I have are shite :P

There are some saxaphonists on the site, some may be willing to help you out, but I can't guarantee anything.

Here is a good place to ask for samples and VST's tho - http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4556&page=14

As for an instrumentalist, there are plenty on the site that can play saxophone, the one that comes to mind is the prophet of mephisto. You could always ask him I guess.