*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Hadaka No Aeris'

djpretzel

email attachment sub - FF7 - Hadaka no Aeris.mp3

note: personally, I'm confused. I feel like Crono's last two mixes haven't been nearly as good as his initial stuff. Make your own judgments, however. - djp

djp,

I've submitted this to you about twice. Emailed you about three times, and even PM'd you. Still nothing. Did I do something wrong? If I did could you let me know? Or are you just busy? Anyways, thought I'd give this to you again and see if it gets posted. It's a spoof song, funny like. And there are parental warnings in the beginning. Take a listen if you haven't already heard it. I have a good feeling this'll get posted. Thanks~

~DJ Crono "Jovette Rivera"~

err. uhh.

the chaoticness of this is almost reminiscent of the concrete tape-music from the 1950s... only centered around an urban style. well, not really. more like the jet set radio stuff but much inferior.

i was thinking "this borrows too heavily from outside sources" but if i am to interpret crono's artistic vision correctly it would be impossible to have made this without lots of borrowing. in crono's previous mix the aim was fairly straightforward so it was easy to see where the weaknesses were. in this mix i'm sort of confused so the weaknesses are more difficult to identify without stepping on a conflict of artistic vision.

here's the pros i can say:

a. his singing/emceeing is okay this time.

b. there is variation on the original theme.

c. the beat is nice and the sound edits are pretty good.

here's the cons i can say:

a. a lot of the quotes are annoying or jarring.

b. several of the sounds are just lousy. (ugly dist guitar)

c. it feels like it goes on longer than it should.

i'm not really a fan of crono's work but he deserves a fair look so i'll get back to this later.

This is a large collection of sound effects, voice clips, and a general lack of music. When the actual instruments come in, they are very empty and not very involved.

The music in this song is extremely repetitive and very simplistic.

This is more a sample collection dj mix rather than any kind of remix. Interesting, though.

NO

uh...WTF. dj chrono sent me this PM.

To: Vigilante

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:52 pm

Subject: DJ Crono

Hey Vigilante,

Just wanted to let you know that my newest submission (FF7 Hadaka no Aeris) is that whole BEER mix type remix. I thought I'd clear up any misunderstandings so nobody would think it was a serious mix talk to you later.

~DJ Crono

NO

lets get this out of here. why the hell did he submit it?

Hey Vigilante,

Just wanted to let you know that my newest submission (FF7 Hadaka no Aeris) is that whole BEER mix type remix. I thought I'd clear up any misunderstandings so nobody would think it was a serious mix talk to you later.

~DJ Crono

Well, that explains it. I am SO glad that this wasn't serious... unfortunately, this doesn't sound like it's seriously attempting to be funny either. Humor mixes have this certain intangible quality: they're either funny or they're not. Sort of a hit and miss deal.

So NO thanks.