Help!

woozy

I just bought a yamaha psr-e213 keyboard..n i have a midi to usb connection to hook it up to my computer..

When i go to fl studio in options;midi; on the input part my keyboard appears n i clicked enable so its active.. and the red light that says midi input activity blinks so my keyboard works in fl studio..

But idk how to use the sounds I have in fl studio with my keyboard..like to make a beat...

*Sigh* Another very general question with really no right answer, you should do some more research on what you want to do in FL Studio and how to do it before you go and buy some expensive keyboard for it. Anyways, it depends on what you really want to do, but I'll tell you how to get a sound loaded up.

There should be a little panel with 8 sections after it on your screen, it'll probably say "sampler" or something from a drum kit, right click on that and choose "replace". This'll bring up a list of plugins (instruments) to choose from, now you pick one based on what you want, FL Keys is a piano, FPC is drums, 3xOsc is a synth.

Choose one, that'll load it up. If FL Studio is still receiving the signal then it should play a sound (for some of the instruments you'll need to load in a preset first).

If what you want to do is make beats, I'd check out http://warbeats.com/

If you want something more specific, then let me know with a more specific question.

... with the keyboard. I'm trying to explain this very basically, but I think I'm failing.

You can use the keyboard to play notes and you should hear the corresponding sounds coming from the VST. If you want to set it up so that you don't have to replay everything again, you can use the Piano Roll. The best way to understand is to try it out.

i have a yamaha psr-E303 and it has a "midi mode" which the documentation calls "PC Mode." it's activated by pressing and holding the demonstration button until the toggle changes. i don't know exactly how it will be for your keyboard but i'm assuming it's similar... you may want to read your instruction manual or find the documentation on the yamaha instruments website.