Tempo/Meter changing in Reason...

Gario

Hey, everybody!

A while back, I've made a change from writing primarily in MIDI to working in Reason and other sampling programs. Obviously, the sound is better, but I absolutely cannot figure out how to tempo change in the middle of a song, or even change the meters mid-song. The help file says nothing about it in Reason.

Those are two tools that I used ALOT when I wrote for midi, so I'm at a loss of how to do it (if it's even possible) on Reason. Anybody know how to do those things?

BTW - I lost my midi making programs and haven't been able to find anything like it since, so I can't import midi's onto Reason to achieve the affect.

Help is appreciated, thanks!

Thanks for the input, all...

Gah, damn you, Reason 3.0!!! I knew the tempo can be fudged, but, like you said, fishy, it's a bitch to edit it... same thing can be said for the meter changes. Alas, I just wish I still had my good ol' Magix studio for things like that... *sniff*

Thanks.

upgrade to reason 4 then simply automate the tempo.....

in reason 3.0 you can use the time stretch like fishy said... but cant actually change tempo.

as for the sliders; you can automate pretty much everything ( expect tempo ) bij clicking the record function on the deviece you wish to automate and then while recording just move sliders up and down, turn knobs. enable buttons.. etc etc.

just search for automation and reason in google.

as for 4.0: It uses the same basic techniques but you can now do the same for the tempo, by just adding or subtracting while the song is being recorded