[WIP] Untitled Burning Force Remix

Onslaught Six

First time posting anything remix-related here, so be nice:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gczzm0

I'm considering rearranging some bits and adding a synth or two.

It's a remix of the first stage music. I kinda fudgenuggeted around with the intro bit and made it thrashier in those bits, because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Solo in the middle is kinda uncreative, and way too short, but I tried to do something there for like an hour, so I dunno.

So yeah! Lemme know what you think.

It helps dramatically if you post the source in the thread; otherwise if people who haven't heard the soundtrack of the game (or, as in my case, of the game itself), we can still compare the source to the original... Anyhow...

Listening to this, it is a verse/chorus structure with a standard solo in the middle, right? I can't say for sure without the source, but i think it might follow the original a little close. I only say that because you seem to repeat a lot of material without too much variation... and I'm going to assume that the material is the source, itself. Vary your verses - without singing and decent lyrics to boot, this form gets boring real fast. Play around with different textures, change the harmonies, do something different in the repetitions so they don't sound like repetitions.

In the solo, it sound's like your using the wrong scale from 2:55 - 3:05. Try performing that part up a whole step from the scale you used previously.

The EQ could use some brightening up, IMO, as well...

It's ok, to be honest, but it's a little boring right now. It needs some spice to bring it to life as it is.

Edit: Thanks for the source, dude. Listen to that intro in the game, before the melody comes in! It's in 7/8 meter! You don't come across that very often (in the VG world)... Try playing around with that meter with the intro and with the melody; it may help bring more life into this!

I hope I don't come across as being an ass about your music; I feel it's more helpful to give criticism when needed than to send you off with nothing helpful. I hope this helps. Good luck!

I hope I don't come across as being an ass about your music; I feel it's more helpful to give criticism when needed than to send you off with nothing helpful. I hope this helps. Good luck!

No, no, definitely not. I appreciate any and all constructive criticisms.

Had no idea the intro was in 7/8, so that's why it wasn't working out at all...