*NO* Doom 2 'Inferno'

djpretzel

Hi!

First of all I really have to say: I love your homepage and most of the remixes! And this is the reason why I made this remix of a Doom 2 song!

Check it out at:

So here is the song info:

Game: Doom 2

Song Name: Inferno

Remixer: Sadduzer

I'm a new remixer at OCRemix, so here is my info:

Name: Sadduzer

Email: sadduzer@hotmail.com

So, please check out my song and if you like it a bit, I would be happy to see it added to OCRemix!

Bye,

Sadduzer

i was just playing doom2 yesterday. whee. anyways.

this offers limited musical ideas to the listener, for the majority of the track, it's the original, sped up with different drums and the melody rhythm is broken apart somewhat.

the bell section at 2:15ish is sorta cool though.

at 4:15 we get some interesting deviation.

but for the length (6 minutes) this needs to have more to it. feels like a broken record at times. also, the game sound effects are annoying. if you're going to use them, use them more effectively, don't just slap them on.

no

translation: TO WIN THE GAME YOU MUST KILL ME, JOHN ROMERO!

...or at the very least, play Daikatana... oh John... you suck balls!

First Impression:

I like the intro... and I'm really liking the creature effects. Who doesn't love a Baron of Hell's RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH?

But after that initial coolness, it's kinda flat. Like the upgraded midi with a drumline and new synths.

The Friday the 13th section is pretty sweet.

But both sections are too content to be repetative. Couple that repetition with the flat midi-eque theme and it's pretty boring.

Lasting Impression:

Goddammit. If you had worked as hard on the rest of the piece as you did the intro (i.e. with the cool ideas), this would be excellent. But as it stands, its very very repetative, and very, very, flat.

No.

RAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The intro had promise, what with the scary sounds and all. Unfortunately, this mix didn't really deliver. It was very repetitive, it was just the same riff over and over again, with the same straight beat.

The slowdown at 3.44 with the new beat and speedup was weird, but added some well needed variety. Weird pitch bends! For such a length, I expected a lot more.

NO