Guilty Gear XX Reload (May's Theme) Blue Water, Blue Sky

dangavster

Hey guys, I have been working on a Remake of "Blue Water, Blue Sky" From Guilty Gear XX Reload. And i am planning to do a remix of it (once i get out of this creative slump im in. -_- )

Anyhow, ive always been trying to find the best VST electric guitar out there, so that i can make realistic rock tracks without having to learn how to play the guitar. So I thought, before i remix this track. lets see how my VST guitar holds out with this Guilty Gear Track.

What do you guys think? Do the guitars sound convincing enough? Should i go ahead and remix this track?

http://www.divshare.com/download/6513193-9b1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTkAGZPLAX0&fmt=18

This is the best link to the source I can find. I'm pretty familiar with it because this is probably my favorite song FROM the game (May always gets the best music, imho).

That said...you song still sounds really similar to me. GOOD, but really similar. Almost cover-ish. If that's what you were going for than gratz! Guitar could use a LITTLE work, but really not that bad at all.

BUT if you're looking for OCR, you're going in the completely wrong direction.

Edit: I see now you're trying to REMAKE the song, not truely remix it. In which case yea, definitely going good. The guitar still sounds a LITTLE off, and I couldn't really tell you why since I'm not really a guitar player (Nekofrog, Suzumebachi, sixto all come to mind as people that might know why), but definitely going good.

The samples are definitely workable. I'd recommend maybe some more reverb or delay on the leads, though, to cover up the thinness of the bends and whammy stuff and not make the cuts so sudden.

But yeah, definitely go ahead with the mix. If it's gonna feature guitars like the original, make sure you have enough else going on to distinguish the arrangement from the source.

He was just asking if we thought his VST was convincing enough to use for the ReMix. This isn't his actual work that he plans to use. It's called adding instruments on top of midi channels. And yes, the guitars can sound quite convincing with a few small touches.

Speaking of which, do you mind if I ask what VST you are using?

hey i know how ya feel, i wanted Ministry of rock for ages! and i still never got it... by sheer luck i managed to get LPC, because my friend got it and when he visited he installed the first 2 dvd's on my PC to test it out before he headed home. I just figured... why delete it.. might as well use it. If i had the money, i'd buy the whole thing myself. but,.... beggers cant be choosers.. -_-

anyways, glad ya like the track, i'll definately get round to remixing SOMETHING (if not May's Theme) from the Guilty Gear series!

beggers cant be choosers

I don't think that phrase applies to this situation yo.

Anyway, I think they sound very realistic and, just like Krow said, with some tweaking they could sound even better. Go for it. Of course, you can also just make a midi of it and then ask a guitar player here to play it. That's another possibility. But I do think they sound convincing enough to get passed by the OCR judges.