*NO* Mega Man 3 'Metal Man (Atomchild)'

djpretzel

hrm. the intro does not make me hopeful. i dont know why people think that such a simplistic drum groove can stand on its own as a 15 second intro.

the first minute or so is a little too repetitive. switching between two chords every measure is not interesting.

i like the transition at :52. very nice.

still too repetitive.

okay, the melody finally came in. i have some issues with the arrangement being so straight ahead...also it seems as tho the melody and harmony parts clasha and...cancel each other out, at times. also i think the three note harmony is a little too loud during the melody.

nice transition right before the end into the ost.

there are some decent transitions in this mix, but it suffers from fairly common techno issues that detract too much.

NO

also, there isnt enough bass in this mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait wait.. Metalman is Megaman 2... Come on now.

That's like two strikes against you right out the bag.

That drum loop is just overpowering everything else. it's like everything

happening is so short and blippy that there's nothing to carry the

melody together. It almost just sounds like a bunch of unrelated notes

as a result. When you cut into the more legato section it's more

recognizable, but past that it's just loops that are at war with each other.

The little ditty at the end was neat.. but... well it's over now.

NO.

I do like the sound and groove of the mix, although I thought that the kick drum could do with some more oomph, as this mix had hardly any bass.

First of all, the quick sharp notes worked well for about 4 bars, but became annoying after a while - this is the kind of thing that tires listeners out. Largely because of this, the mix seems cluttered and messy, re-listenability is also affected. The drum beat had some great compression on it, but having lots of breaks and crazy fills (whilst taking out all the quick notes) would do this mix a lotta good IMO. Liked the bit at the end. Overall this is a

NO