work in progress: chrono trigger: GATO's theme

I was expecting the intro to be some kinda teaser, and that once the song actually kicked in, it was gonna blow me away, but it didn't. This sounds really really really really MIDI-ish. The 30 second intro is just one instrument playing the lead melody, and everything after that is just a MIDI drumloop... with one instrument playing the lead melody. There's no bassline, no chords, no countermelody, just the lead melody and a MIDI drumloop. It does sound like you're playing the song yourself on a keyboard, so if you were, props for learning the song.

If this was just a 'for fun' thing to learn how to play the song, then that's cool, but if you want to get this on the site, then you're gonna have to completely start over, and focus on re-arranging the source, filling up the arrangement, and using better samples and sounds. My advice would be to read this: http://www.ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions and then go to the ReMixing forum for advice on getting better sounds and samples, and just mixing in general.

Best of luck on any future projects!

I think this read will be useful to you.

As for production, you should first just play with different effects, most importantly reverb, delay, compressor, EQ, distortion, and overdrive, see what they do. Play with them. Eventually, you will know them well enough to use them to improve the sound of your tracks.

So what do I think about it? It sounds like something a beginner did. Have fun remixing.

I was expecting the intro to be some kinda teaser, and that once the song actually kicked in, it was gonna blow me away, but it didn't. This sounds really really really really MIDI-ish.

well,funny thing, it aint MIDI but ya im just learning how to use this equipment and it WILL be better...i hope....

oh and rozovian i am a beginner...lol