Just For Fun- One Must Fall 2097 + Jazz Jackrabbit mash-up.

Here's something I've been working on the last couple of days. It's a mash up of the One Must Fall 2097 Menu music, and the Medivo Stage from Jazz Jackrabbit. So yeah, I've been on a MOD kick lately.

WIP Here:

http://www.box.net/shared/3q1d8h9gnl

Sources here:

JJ + OMF 2097 tracks:

http://rapidshare.com/files/204679160/OMF___Jazz_source_tunes.rar

Okies, so at the moment, it's a little generic techno with an 80's vibe. Expect it to become less generic-techno and more 80's dance with the healing power of COWBELL!!! Planning to add vocoded vocals in somewhere... though I haven't written any lyrics or anything yet. The 80's influences are partly in place... complete with some warm synth's and a sweet FM Bass line :D :D :D

This is just a rough sketch, and as I said, expect it to change a fair bit. Haven't implemented all of the Medivo source in yet, just the main bits. The ending is also placeholder... expect a longer track, and without that ending.

Hope you like what I've done so far... it's just a fun mix.. no pretensions to greatness or anything, just something fun to listen to.

Enjoy!!! :D

-Robbie.

Argh, the hihats are annoying. That stereo effect should probably be more subtle. I'm also getting a nice 80's vibe from this, great job on that. The lead seems a little too quiet, tho, doesn't hold attention like it should. Choir-like synth just doesn't sound good, imo. Everything pretty crisp and exposed, slightly more reverb and stuff would probably fix that.

Well, I like it. Too lazy to dl the source, so can't say anything about interpretation. Stylistically, this is the kind of stuff I'd enjoy listening to, so keep at it.

I absolutely love this original tune. I remember being 13 years old and letting this loop over and over. About yours, I love the samples and everything up until the choir part. The hihats, now that they're pointed out to me, are a bit much. I'm guilty of this too, but the drums are rather plain and looped too much.

That said, your track is pretty good, and shows some promise. The drums got a bit old and the choir ain't all that hot in my opinion. The first half is golden.

One must fall! HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I hadn't heard anything from that game in ages. It was a really cool game,and had some awesome tunes.

The same can be said about jazz jackrabbit. These two games got me hooked, playing till my eyes bleed.

Well, this track sounds cool. Ok, snares/hihats are not the best, but they are not annoying. This mix reminds me to the music that was getting posted here when i first came to OCremix. Good work. I think this has potential for getting into OCremix.