*NO* Final Fantasy 'My Final Fantasy'

djpretzel

hrm...the original over a pounding beat. it's akward. also, the groove itself has some harmonic sounds that really really dont work with the melody. i dont know whats going on with the voice sample...it sounds to me like this mix is trying to be a techno ballad.

it's just akward overall, and there isnt much going on harmonically. there's very little arrangement to speak of.

NO

My Final Fantasy. This brings back a few memories, like searching for videogame remixes on Napster back in 2000 and finding this one. Mel David's mix was the most widespread FFtrance for a long while; I thought it was neat at the time.

But after nearly four years and the consequent growth of our community, I must say in retrospect... this is not good. It's just the prelude & co. over ill-fitting 4/4 beats plus voicefx and simplistic synths done repetitively. Nothing new happens until the 4 minute mark when a little added percussion kicks in, but by then it's more than worn out its welcome.

This probably would've made it back when we had no standards for rearrangements, but it comes nowhere close to cutting it now.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda digging the synths themselves though. Very shimmery, and the

lower drone is neat...

I think this shows an attention to synth usage we don't really hear much

in our technoish submitions. It's a shame it's just the original melody

with a drum loop and new instruments. And yes, that little vocal clip is

getting annoying, and I've only heard it twice now.

I dunno. i mean it sounds good an all.. except for that damn little voice...

but this is the exact original with new instruments... you've got to be

doing some pretty specially detailed stuff with the Crystal theme anymore

to really be doing something worth noting... this really doesn't do it.

NO