*WIP* Kingdom Hearts 2 - Null Zone (Darkness of the Unknown remix)

Seeing as Darkness of the Unknown is my favorite boss battle song in KH2 and I'm developing my musical skills. I decided to make a remix. Well, it isn't spectacular or anything, I hope I've atleast come to a good start. But, that's where I need constructive critism.

Original -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py0Bl-YusxY

My Remixed version -

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnz2yntmwug

Please give me any tips if you have them

An interesting concept using the main loop of the backing of your remix.

The ending just took me by surprise but sounded like it could be done with better instrument samples than just a "MIDI" sounding medium instead.

If you can rework this to use realistically sounding instruments than just MIDI then it would come together nicely.

Not much to comment on. (and you spelled despising wrong, u nuub!!)

:D

At this stage, I suggest you just practice remixing. Start with easy tracks to work with, Zelda, Sonic, Super Metroid stuff to name some. Make something out of those, and put it in a playlist with something that sounds like how you want it to sound. Compare. Figure out what makes those tracks sound the way they do, then apply that to yours.

Remixing is two things: writing your own version, and mixing it to sound good. You sound like you're just starting out. Practice with something easy, then pick more and more advanced songs to work with. It's just like learning to play an instrument - you don't start with the hard stuff.

I wish you luck.

An interesting concept using the main loop of the backing of your remix.

The ending just took me by surprise but sounded like it could be done with better instrument samples than just a "MIDI" sounding medium instead.

If you can rework this to use realistically sounding instruments than just MIDI then it would come together nicely.

I'm using Boobass and FL slayer. I can retune them to sound more guitarish

Not much to comment on. (and you spelled despising wrong, u nuub!!)

:D

At this stage, I suggest you just practice remixing. Start with easy tracks to work with, Zelda, Sonic, Super Metroid stuff to name some. Make something out of those, and put it in a playlist with something that sounds like how you want it to sound. Compare. Figure out what makes those tracks sound the way they do, then apply that to yours.

Remixing is two things: writing your own version, and mixing it to sound good. You sound like you're just starting out. Practice with something easy, then pick more and more advanced songs to work with. It's just like learning to play an instrument - you don't start with the hard stuff.

I wish you luck.

Thanks for the tips. :D

Yeah, I should probably start out small, but in all honesty, this isn't isn't that complex.