*NO* Terranigma 'Scape of the Underworld'

djpretzel

This is a remix of Terranigma's underworld map theme. I was always a fan of it, and thought my experiments in soundscaping would fit the mood of the underworld well. The main themes of the piece are carried by a relatively simple piccolo, flute, violin, and cello quartet arrangement, and harmonies are provided almost exclusively by the harp arpeggios, and the soundscaping, as well as relatively subtle belltones. URL for the song provided below, thanks for taking the time to review this!

The Underworld theme is easily a stellar example of a videogame song. Let's see what you've done with it.

Interesting pad build-up; I feel like I'm in a planetarium. The plucked... thing panned right sounds awfully off-key alongside the appregiated harp taken straight from the original. Neat vibrato on the flute, but it dips into the lower register rather unpleasantly. These acoustic instruments sound very stiff and fake, making it difficult for me to suspend my disbelief and enjoy the arrangement. Unfortunately, the mix does not stray far from the original composition, except for key changes, bridge, and tempo.

Not too bad of an effort; it's a hard to rearrange theme. However, the mix doesn't offer much more, musically or stylistically.

NO