Help with musical theme for our production, if possible...

Halcreix

Hello!!!

I didn't know exactly where to post this, move it if necessary.

Well... I'm part of a newly created group of independient artists here in Mexico, we are producing a comic (it's more like a manga, though) and we want to promote it, I was thinking about composing a musical theme for it, unfortunately, none of us know someone with great music abilities capable of make it, so I came here asking for your help, if possible...

Perhaps it's too early to ask a favor so big, but we know you can do it, if someone wants to help us, we'll be honored to give him/her credit for the work, and we'll find a way to reward this great help. You can contact me through here or via MSN.

Thanks for reading me :-P

Hello Halcreix,

To answer your question quickly and precisely, you may be able to find people wanting to help you in your project...

But people would feel more compeled to do so, if you were to give them a little bit of information on the project in question.

Do you have a synopsis already? What genre it is? And more importantly: what kind of music do you seek to suit your project? (genre, lenght, format, etc.)

Just give some precisions and I bet the nice people here will be more than willing to help you. :wink:

Hello Halcreix,

To answer your question quickly and precisely, you may be able to find people wanting to help you in your project...

But people would feel more compeled to do so, if you were to give them a little bit of information on the project in question.

Do you have a synopsis already? What genre it is? And more importantly: what kind of music do you seek to suit your project? (genre, lenght, format, etc.)

Just give some precisions and I bet the nice people here will be more than willing to help you. :wink:

Yeah, I thought about everything you posted, Dj Mokram :-P

OK, right now I'm translating the "intro" of this manga from Spanish to English, there you will find many details about the story, characters and the world where it occurs. Everyone interested in participate will find the info here, I'll post it soon.

Thanks again for reading!

OK, here is the prologue of the story, I translated it some minutes ago :sleepdepriv:, so maybe there will be some mistakes... sorry, my english is not so good yet.

SPIRIT OF GAIA

Gaia, a dying and devastated world, was once a beautiful land full of life, where the “Spirits”, Gaia's children (magical beings capable of use and manipulate powerful magic) lived happily an era of peace. However, over time, darkness covered Gaia, filling it with death and destruction, leaving its children and magic in oblivion…

3000 years has been since then, and new civilizations inhabit the dying world of Gaia; small towns and big technological cities are surrounded by tall mountains, immense deserts and unexplored, lugubrious forests that reduce communication routes between them, because of the great dangers they house.

The world is left at the mercy of humans. Gaia isn’t recovered yet and is threatened by humans and their technology, the few ones that still know about magic and Gaia’s past are about to disappear. But these will be the chosen ones that will wake up Gaia’s children and save it from the threat that almost destroyed it once in the past.

This story begins in a place called Farmin Village, a small town surrounded by a dead forest and tall mountains, a peaceful place in spite of the dangers that surround it. This town, home of the Zao Tribe, is the only one dedicated to farming in the entire world, and is also where Faith Lighter lives, a dreamy and fantasy lover girl. She enters the forest that surrounds the town by accident and finds a strange jewel floating in the middle of a lake; there she meets the Spirits Kuroi and Shiroi, two curious creatures who tell her that the jewel she found is one of the seven elemental weapons that keep the balance of the planet. Faith then becomes the Eau Zaphir key bearer, the water elemental weapon that protects the seal that keeps the demon Shadeter enclosed, who is finally freed by Faith after he saved her life… but she wonders if she did right when finds out that he was the one that brought death to Gaia in the past…

Faith, along with her new friends Kuroi and Shiroi, will go after the demon Shadeter, and at the same time, will begin the long journey in search of the seven elemental weapons to wake up Gaia’s children and save the world from destruction.

If someone has a question, I'll try to answer it, though my friend is the author, not me :oops:

Allright that's much better! :wink:

Now I think I'm starting to see what genre could fit here.

But let me ask you: in terms of sound, what is the production value / quality level that you are expecting?

Hmmm... that's a good question, well, personally I expect something that sounds like Corroder of Time by Tensei-San (It's not in the OCremix database, I don't know why)

BUT my friend told me that she expects something "finalfantasy-esque", with chorus and violin, something like that, I don't know much about music :oops:

I'll ask her some more details. Thanks again!! :-P

I'm interested in giving it a shot. I don't think I can pull off something like Corroder of Time anytime real soon, but I can pull off something decent for you. Do you have a time frame in mind?

Thanks for your interest in participating, Xavier, about the time frame, I was thinking about something 4 minutes long. But it can be a bit shorter or longer depending on your inspiration :-o

Anyway, here is what I come up with so far.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/58326576d23ca966/

Sounds great, I think something like this will fit the story, I'll show it to my friend, hope she thinks the same :-P (You know how umpredictable a woman is, though :P)

I don't think the actual song is going to be too much longer, I might play with the melodies more, but really this just needs work on instrumentation and transitioning.

I agree, don't worry, take your time to polish this song, we expect to need it at least in one month so there's still much time left :) Thank you!

Edit: Missed seeing it needs to be done in a month.

I think 4 minutes long might be a bit too long, but if you and your partner aren't too picky, I could probably work something out. If it was any other month than this, I could probably get it done, but I owe an advertising project and business plan to school, an ambient record, additional tracks, a book and time to church council.

Keep in contact and we'll see what we can work out. Music isn't an exact science (not for me anyway) so it could be done next week, it might not get done at all or anything inbetween.

Looks like someone already produced a song. See, with a proper description that was quick. ;-)

Well, if you're still interested, I can compose something for it.

Having many songs (if anyone else participate too) is generally a good thing.

It may help diversify the sound & emotion showcased in that promotion trailer you're preparing.

Well, if you're still interested, I can compose something for it.

Having many songs (if anyone else participate too) is generally a good thing.

It may help diversify the sound & emotion showcased in that promotion trailer you're preparing.

We'll appreciate it if you can share your creativity with us :-P

Please, lend us your talent

What about mine?

Your song is cool, keep up the good work! like I said before, everyone interested in composing for our project is welcome, not only DJ Mokram, and we are really grateful to both of you :)!! I don't know if someone else will help us, if that's the case I will be honored, because I like this community a lot and I respect its members as true artists :-P

I clearly need to be more specific as I post, but I meant have you shown it to your partner who is working on it?

Oh, sorry! I'm so distracted these days that I didn't get what you meant :oops:

I sent her the MP3 of the song you posted, but I haven't received a reply, maybe she is too busy with work, I haven't seen her on MSN since you posted the song... Actually, I'm a little eager to know what does she think about it.

I'll keep you informed ;-)

So, am I on this project or not? Am I to work on that track I sent?

Of course!!! I'm just bumping because I wanted news about that song of yours and the one DJ Mokram said he will send me. I was a little busy lately with something important over here and I thought that if I didn't post here you would think that I'm not serious about it. :-P

I'm waiting anxiously for something new. Sorry if I confused you.