OCR01122 - *YES* Life Force 'Temple of Life'

djpretzel

Issue here is really that this is pretty much the original song with percussion. There is some variation, and the drums are decent, but it never really reaches that Ocremix level.

Power tools stuff is pretty cool.

Overall, I'm kinda borderline on the whole song.

It just needs to be ... more. Less repeating, more variation.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm borderline on this one too.

There's a couple of parts where this is slightly disjointed. It's a repetitive and conservative take on the mix, but it's enough of an evolution for me. I'm really digging the new expanded arrangement additions sprinkled throughout the mix.

Nice instrumentation and general production/mixing. I appreciate the power tools section, but not from a personal musical standpoint. It's well done, so others will most likely love that section. Drums overall are fine, but not very daring.

I do think this mix does enough good things, and it's a very enjoyable listen. Also at 2:15, that sounds so Airwolf 80s. 8)

Borderline on this, but YES.

• 2 weeks later...

this is supposed to be like BT? i don't think so. more like Falco...

nice bass. the power tools are cool, good to hear something different.

the arrangement is pretty simplistic and basic. doesn't really develop as much as one would hope. we just sort of hear the same melody again and again with limited variation. what could have redeemed this for me is an elaborate ending.

no

OMG IT IS TEH LIFEFORXORZ!!!

Let's how this holds up to our established crap on this site! (see also: Lifeforce -- Pharoah Land)

It's a nice listen, I'll give you that. But there's really, well, not much to it. Some parts are quite repetative, and then, there are some unbearably cool parts that are thrown in from left field (the "saw" part around -1:50 for example). If the piece in its entirety was more like this section, it would be easier to vote yes. But because there are not...

NO

This is a hard one.

I like the way this mix sounds, some good ideas. There is a repetative element throughout, I think that perhaps a counter melody or something similar would have mixed it up a bit more. There is a feeling of holding back somewhat, drum kick and snare is kinda standard compared to the rest of the mix. This is borderline imo, but on the yes side.

YES